classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2.4.0 Estimated Release

rhatcher
First, my apologies in advance if this is a tired topic:

The 2.3.2 tag goes back to 10/10/2015, so 2.4.0 has been in work for a while. I've been peeking at the bug database and the forums every now and then, and I see that Sven and the team have developed renewed inspiration and momentum and 2.4.0 looks like it might be nearing a release (?). There is plenty of recent activity. At our site we are particularly interested in the JavaFX integration feature(s). I did a JogAmp build yesterday from the head revision, and this appears to be working in light/casual testing. I'm going to try to hit it with something more severe in the next few days.

I saw a note from Julien on StackOverflow May 15th where he recommended that somebody should try NewtCanvasJFX, and he included the remark "(since JOGL 2.4)". I wasn't sure if this meant 2.4.0 was a formal thing or this was more like "(since JOGL 2.4 in progress)". I don't see a tag for it yet, so I assume the team is still working out the kinks.

Anyway, I'm wondering if the JogAmp team has a rough idea regarding when 2.4.0 is likely to be released formally. I'm not looking to pin down a specific date or anything, but more like next month, next quarter, etc.

Rob
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2.4.0 Estimated Release

Sven Gothel
Administrator
On 5/29/19 7:18 PM, rhatcher [via jogamp] wrote:

> First, my apologies in advance if this is a tired topic:
>
> The 2.3.2 tag goes back to 10/10/2015, so 2.4.0 has been in work for a while.
> I've been peeking at the bug database and the forums every now and then, and I
> see that Sven and the team have developed renewed inspiration and momentum and
> 2.4.0 looks like it might be nearing a release (?). There is plenty of recent
> activity. At our site we are particularly interested in the JavaFX integration
> feature(s). I did a JogAmp build yesterday from the head revision, and this
> appears to be working in light/casual testing. I'm going to try to hit it with
> something more severe in the next few days.
>
> I saw a note from Julien on StackOverflow May 15th where he recommended that
> somebody should try NewtCanvasJFX, and he included the remark "(since JOGL
> 2.4)". I wasn't sure if this meant 2.4.0 was a formal thing or this was more
> like "(since JOGL 2.4 in progress)". I don't see a tag for it yet, so I assume
> the team is still working out the kinks.
>
> Anyway, I'm wondering if the JogAmp team has a rough idea regarding when 2.4.0
> is likely to be released formally. I'm not looking to pin down a specific date
> or anything, but more like next month, next quarter, etc.

More like next month, Sunday or Monday.
It will be just released as is, then 2.5.0 comes.

~Sven
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2.4.0 Estimated Release

rhatcher
OK Sven, that sounds good. Thanks for the feedback.

Rob