A JAX-RS implementation over Spring Rest ( Spring MVC ) , which one to use ???

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A JAX-RS implementation over Spring Rest ( Spring MVC ) , which one to use ???

BintuGomes
While looking what is the difference between creating a REST Api using Jersey vs Spring Rest in Spring MVC .

I found that Jersey is an implementation of JAX-RS specification , while Spring Mvc is an alternative way of creating REST API and which is not following any specification

I wonder what would be the benefits of using one over another ? and in which situation would be suitable to use the former and not the later ?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A JAX-RS implementation over Spring Rest ( Spring MVC ) , which one to use ???

kai.bachmann
Hi,

when you plan to be independent of vendor, you should use an implementation this follows a specification like jersey. This has the advantage to be replaceable by other implementations in case of bugs.
The spring implementation has the benefit of many defaults and fully integration into the spring stack but when you have the requirement to leave the default track you got a lot of trouble to do this. And you will be vendor locked and can’t switch to another implementation.

Am 11.10.2019 um 15:04 schrieb BintuGomes [via jogamp] <[hidden email]>:

While looking what is the difference between creating a REST Api using Jersey vs Spring Rest in Spring MVC .

I found that Jersey is an implementation of JAX-RS specification , while Spring Mvc is an alternative way of creating REST API and which is not following any specification

I wonder what would be the benefits of using one over another ? and in which situation would be suitable to use the former and not the later ?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.jogamp.org/A-JAX-RS-implementation-over-Spring-Rest-Spring-MVC-which-one-to-use-tp4040108.html
To start a new topic under general, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from jogamp, click here.
NAML

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Kai Uwe Bachmann