Access to jogamp.org

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Access to jogamp.org

Bernhard Kilger
I'd like to know the official way to get JOGL. I have no access to the website jogamp.org, to download the actual versions. I always get the message "Seite nicht erreichbar". This error appears even if I stop firewall. Is it possible that jogamp.org is something like a Holy Gral, where only the knights of King Artus are admitted?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Access to jogamp.org

Wade Walker
Administrator
Strange, I just noticed this too. The site was working for me just a day or so ago. @Sven may be doing site maintenance, perhaps.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marco Sambin
In reply to this post by Bernhard Kilger
I am facing the same issue: unable to access to jogamp.org website, hence unable to download the JOGAMP libraries.
Please someone help :-).

Regards,

Marco
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
It seems to be back up now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marco Sambin
Still not working for me.
I've tried with many different Internet connections, but to no avail.
Is it working for you today?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Marco
Reply | Threaded
|

Bernhard Kilger
In reply to this post by Wade Walker
Dear Wade Walker,
thanks for your effort, but it didn't yet succeed at my computer.
I still get a message like "Website jogamp.org not accessable".
Manipulations of the firewall, especially turning it completely off, make no difference.
Am I the only one with this problem all around the globe? I can't believe.
Best regards
Bernhard Kilger
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
You're right, it's down again. Sorry, I'm not sure of the cause. Hopefully Sven is aware.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bernhard Kilger

Thanks for your answer. I'm happy to have found competent partners who are ready to take care of my problems.

Indeed I've got several problems:

First of all there is this damned difficulty to access jogamp.org, which is well known to you. Some years ago I succeeded already implementing JOGL, but I were using a publication of Jim X Chen & Chunyang Chen: Foundations of 3D Graphics Programming using JOGL and Java3D, Springer London, 2008. In this publication I found a link to http://cs.gnu.edu/-jchen/graphics/setup.html, where I could download all the Java examples in this book. All programs could be compiled and run without errors. However, this Website seems to be out-of-date today, and is also unaccessable.

My second question concerns the module Jogl.dll. Is it necessary or not? Some authors claim that it is not, and under JOGL 2 everything would be bound automatically. However, I couldn't find anything about "JOGL 2", and, moreover, omitting the module in the library path will lead surely to the message "no jogl found". Now please tell me: What's about Jogl.dll? I've got it from the examples of J Chen mentioned above, but all the libraries got from jogamp.org in earlier times did not contain any Jogl.dll (only gluegen-rt.dll, jogl-cg.dll and some others).

Finally, third, I've got problems migrating my programs to Windows 7 64 Bit. I already posted some documents to Julien Gouesse, containing the source TestJOGL.java, the error free result of the program under Windows 32 Bit, and the error output in the case of using exact the same program under Windows 64 Bit. There is some persistant error concerning class casting, and I guess that it must be a compatibility problem with the dlls.

By the way, please excuse my unprofessional style of speech. I'm a real German, and it's the first time that I'm participating in an English forum discussion.

Best regards from

Bernhard Kilger, Pulheim, Germany

Am 15.03.2019 um 11:56 schrieb Wade Walker [via jogamp]:
You're right, it's down again. Sorry, I'm not sure of the cause. Hopefully Sven is aware.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.jogamp.org/Access-to-jogamp-org-tp4039603p4039613.html
To unsubscribe from Access to jogamp.org, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
Hi Bernhard,

In JOGL 2 for several years now, separate .dll files haven't been necessary. They're hidden inside gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar and jogl-all-natives-windows-amd64.jar, and they're secretly unzipped into a temp directory somewhere on your system when you load the first JOGL class. You can see the exact JAR files I use at https://github.com/WadeWalker/com.jogamp.jogl, though these are not official releases and they may be overkill for your situation (e.g. if you don't have to deploy on all 3 desktop platforms).

I'm not sure what the difficulty is with Windows 7 64-bit. One of the disadvantages of Sven not being around much these days is that we don't have access to his test cluster, which had these older operating systems that we could test on. I only do unofficial releases for my own use, so I can only test on the latest versions of the desktop OSes and the latest Java that are installed on my own computers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bernhard Kilger

Hallo Wide,

many thanks. I'll try the way via the link you mentioned.

But what about the general access to jogamp.org? It still doesn't run at my PC.

Best regard

Bernhard

Am 16.03.2019 um 21:25 schrieb Wade Walker [via jogamp]:
Hi Bernhard,

In JOGL 2 for several years now, separate .dll files haven't been necessary. They're hidden inside gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar and jogl-all-natives-windows-amd64.jar, and they're secretly unzipped into a temp directory somewhere on your system when you load the first JOGL class. You can see the exact JAR files I use at https://github.com/WadeWalker/com.jogamp.jogl, though these are not official releases and they may be overkill for your situation (e.g. if you don't have to deploy on all 3 desktop platforms).

I'm not sure what the difficulty is with Windows 7 64-bit. One of the disadvantages of Sven not being around much these days is that we don't have access to his test cluster, which had these older operating systems that we could test on. I only do unofficial releases for my own use, so I can only test on the latest versions of the desktop OSes and the latest Java that are installed on my own computers.

http://forum.jogamp.org/Access-to-jogamp-org-tp4039603p4039618.html
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
I'm not sure what's going on with the site either :( I'm not in regular communication with Sven these days, unfortunately, and he set up all the infrastructure.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bernhard Kilger

Thank you,

it would be fine if you could watch the problem and tell me when your colleague will be well and back again.

The access to JOGL is rather important for me. I'm working on a java application to simulate a chemical construction kit. The program will accept a random set of atoms and chemical bonds between them (in graphics represented by spheres and cylindrical sticks) and show the structure in a 3D stereoscopical manner. The application works already in a rudimentary version, which I like to power up to Windows 64 Bit to (possibly) achieve even better performance. This is the point where I got compatibility problems and tried to go back to the Jogl roots. Therefore, access to jogamp.org is necessary for me

Best regards

Bernhard Kilger.

Am 16.03.2019 um 22:48 schrieb Wade Walker [via jogamp]:
I'm not sure what's going on with the site either :( I'm not in regular communication with Sven these days, unfortunately, and he set up all the infrastructure.

http://forum.jogamp.org/Access-to-jogamp-org-tp4039603p4039621.html
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Re: Access to jogamp.org

Bernhard Kilger

Hallo Wide,

many thanks once again.

But I must tell you that the difficulties go on. I have established all your jar's in the CLASSPATH, but trying to compile my TestJOGL.java leads to an error message concerning the central class GL:

error: cannot access GL
bad class file: d:\jogl\jogl-all.jar(com/jogamp/opengl/GL.class)
class file has wrong version 55.0, should be 52.0
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath

The class GL seems to be found but to have the wrong "version". I don't know how to handle this message.

And once again: What's about the general access to jogamp.org? It still doesn't run at my PC.

Best regard

Bernhard

Am 16.03.2019 um 21:25 schrieb Wade Walker [via jogamp]:
Hi Bernhard,

http://forum.jogamp.org/Access-to-jogamp-org-tp4039603p4039618.html
NAML

http://forum.jogamp.org/Access-to-jogamp-org-tp4039603p4039620.html
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
Hi Bernhard,

This error is because my version of JOGL is built for Java 11 (class file version 55), and you're apparently using Java 8 (class file version 52). You could either upgrade your Java, or you could download an earlier version I had stored at https://github.com/WadeWalker/com.jogamp.jogl/tree/b73585efcb2e7558b89e0e702a65bafbcbbebc80.

I still don't know what's going on with jogamp.org -- that question is up to Sven to resolve, unfortunately.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Hello

You can use the single fat JAR called jogamp-fat.jar contained by this archive:
http://jogamp.org/deployment/jogamp-current/archive/jogamp-fat-all.7z
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

Sven Gothel
Administrator
the server are back online

On 3/17/19 10:59 AM, Bernhard Kilger [via jogamp] wrote:

> Thank you,
>
> it would be fine if you could watch the problem and tell me when your
> colleague will be well and back again.
>
> The access to JOGL is rather important for me. I'm working on a java
> application to simulate a *chemical construction kit*. The program will accept
> a random set of atoms and chemical bonds between them (in graphics represented
> by spheres and cylindrical sticks) and show the structure in a 3D
> stereoscopical manner. The application works already in a rudimentary version,
> which I like to power up to Windows 64 Bit to (possibly) achieve even better
> performance. This is the point where I got compatibility problems and tried to
> go back to the Jogl roots. Therefore, access to jogamp.org is necessary for me
>
> Best regards
>
> Bernhard Kilger.
>
>  
>
> Am 16.03.2019 um 22:48 schrieb Wade Walker [via jogamp]:
>> I'm not sure what's going on with the site either :( I'm not in regular
>> communication with Sven these days, unfortunately, and he set up all the
>> infrastructure.
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
>> http://forum.jogamp.org/Access-to-jogamp-org-tp4039603p4039621.html
>> To unsubscribe from Access to jogamp.org, click here.
>> NAML
>> <http://forum.jogamp.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
> http://forum.jogamp.org/Access-to-jogamp-org-tp4039603p4039622.html
> To start a new topic under jogl, email [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from jogl, click here
> <
> NAML
> <
http://forum.jogamp.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>

--
health & wealth
mailto:[hidden email] ; http://jausoft.com
land : +49 (471) 4707742 ; fax : +49 (471) 4707741
Timezone CET: PST+9, EST+6, UTC+1
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Thank you and good job on NewtCanvasJFX :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Sven Gothel
Administrator
On 3/21/19 9:59 AM, gouessej [via jogamp] wrote:
> Thank you and good job on NewtCanvasJFX :)

Oh, you have noticed ;-)

Well, call it one blocker down for me & peers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bernhard Kilger
In reply to this post by Wade Walker
Hello Wade,
here I'm back again after a pause of a few weeks. As mentioned earlier, there was a problem accessing jogamp.org, which is solved meanwhile. Many thanks for your efforts.
Based on new downloads from this website, I succeeded in establishing my JOGL application under Windows 7 Bit 64, which had been my original problem. But it was a lot of work, because half the references to the OpenGL classes didn't match any more (for example GL2 instead of GL, and so on). It was a rather desperate work, like poking in a haystack! But now I'm ready again using Windows 64 Bit.
On the other hand, I have got the equivalent problem trying the same on my second PC, here working with 32 Bit Windows. It seems to be impossible to establish the right JOGL libraries and jar's. The compiler runs without errors, but the execution leads to ClassLoader problems, for instance concerning WriteClonable in the display section, among others.
It would be nice, if I could get a reliable step by step instruction to run the correct binding of JOGL, based an the actual Java version 8.211.
Best regards
Bernhard Kilger    
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Bernhard Kilger wrote
But it was a lot of work, because half the references to the OpenGL classes didn't match any more (for example GL2 instead of GL, and so on). It was a rather desperate work, like poking in a haystack! But now I'm ready again using Windows 64 Bit.
We're not to blame. You initially used JOGL 1 which was obsolete and unmaintained since about 2010. If you had asked for help here, I would have helped you, I ported tons of source code from JOGL 1 to JOGL 2.

Bernhard Kilger wrote
On the other hand, I have got the equivalent problem trying the same on my second PC, here working with 32 Bit Windows. It seems to be impossible to establish the right JOGL libraries and jar's. The compiler runs without errors, but the execution leads to ClassLoader problems, for instance concerning WriteClonable in the display section, among others.
It would be nice, if I could get a reliable step by step instruction to run the correct binding of JOGL, based an the actual Java version 8.211.
I advise you to clean up the mess on your machine to avoid any conflict and to use jogamp-fat.jar to make it simple and less error prone for you. Are you sure that you don't mix JOGL 1 and JOGL 2? Please post the complete stack trace.