Any work around for OSX and ScrolledComposite/GLCanvas?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Any work around for OSX and ScrolledComposite/GLCanvas?

larsonmattr
We've previously used JOGL 1.1.1 with SWT's GLCanvas.  One common view is to have a ScrolledComposite that includes multiple miniature GLCanvas views.  I recently tried to upgrade to JOGL 2.3.2, and the newer jogamp SWT GLCanvas implementation.  

On the Windows side, everything works quite well - however on OSX 10.10.3, including the jogamp SWT GLCanvas in a ScrolledComposite seems to cause all sorts of issues.  There appeared to be a bug related to this that hasn't been investigated since 2012 (https://jogamp.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=647).  I put a demonstration class up in the bug report to recreate this issue and screenshots showing the window.

The only solution I could find was to recreate the GLCanvas after the scroll event was finished.  This leads to a correctly displaying GLCanvas on OSX.  It seems like either a problem with getting correct positioning in the scrolledcomposite or this updating the viewport for the GLCanvas.

Has anyone else encountered this, and are there any solutions short of recreating the GLCanvas?