classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can not get JOGL bundle to work on Mac OS X

adanecito
Hi All,

I am bundling JOGL 2.x for the Mac OS X Mavericks and when I run the app in the bundle I get a linker error regarding native_awt. I am only bundling jogl-all.jar, gluegen-rt.jar and not the native libs for jogl for the mac. I was told these are the right jars and not include natives because the jogl-all jar would try to use what is providedon the mac. Now I had to add the jdk to the bundle as required by Apple so not sure if JOGL would work. It works fine with those that jars for Java Web Start. I am using the newly released jdk 1.8.0 but I think that is not the problem since web start works fine with it.

Any clues? I am thinking someone here had to bundle a game for the app using JOGL and can tell me how they got JOGL to work from a app bundle. If so did you bundle the JOGL-All.jar and the native libs jar for the Mac? Or did you unbundle the jnilibs from the JOGL native bundle and include those in the .app bundle?

I have heard that I might need the natives for jogl included and create a single jar with jogl-all, gluegen-rt.jar contents with the natives in a specific location in the jar but I need to know exactly where and if there are gluegen-rt natives I need to add also.

Thanks!
-Tony
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can not get JOGL bundle to work on Mac OS X

gouessej
Administrator
Just take the JARs in the 7z archives, those containing the native libraries contain "-natives-" in their names.

Look at Xerxes' comment:
http://forum.jogamp.org/Packaging-JOGL-projects-to-be-cross-platform-tp4031261p4031286.html
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website