classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cursor and retina displays

4nt01n3
Hi,

I am using Newt, and I recently tried to change the cursor of a window. I wanted to draw it in a distinct FrameBuffer and then transfer the data to the cursor. It works very well under Windows, Linux and all macs with non retina screens.

However when on a mac with a retina display, the cursor size is twice the expected size with big pixels. Anybody knows if there exist an option to avoid that ?

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cursor and retina displays

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

Call GLWindow.setSurfaceScale(ScalableSurface.IDENTITY_PIXELSCALE); and it should work as expected.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

4nt01n3
Hi, thanks a lot for your quick answer, and sorry for my late reply.

I did that, but it does not seem to affect the cursor. It has an effect on my canvas as all suddenly becomes magnified by 2.

However, whatever the value I use (I tried 0, 0.5, 1, 2),  I get no effect on the cursor.

Or maybe I am not using the cursor API correctly ? What I am doing (I call setSurfaceScale() just after creating my window) and then :

win.setPointerIcon(
    win.getScreen.getDisplay.createPointerIcon(
        new PixelRectangle.GenericPixelRect(format, new Dimension(width, height),
                                                    width * 4 /*RGBA*/, true, buffer), hotx, hoty))

With buffer containing my ARGB data.

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Please fill a bug report if you really think that's a bug.
Reply | Threaded
|

4nt01n3
I feel completely dumb, but I was not able to create an account on jogamp.org/bugzilla/ ?? (where is the link to do this ?)  My login/pw on this forum does not work. The link on the mailing list on the jogamp page redirects to the forum and I see no way to reach any mailing list address ??

Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Send me an email, I'll create an account for you.