classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Environment Setup

Chigurh
Hi!

4-6 months ago i successfully installed jogl with Eclipse by following this tutorial: https://sites.google.com/site/justinscsstuff/jogl-tutorial-1. In this tutorial it says that i should locate the .jar files in the lib folder (this worked fine with the old version with jogl) now the .jar files aren't in the lib folder (newer version) but in the jar folder.

So now i follow the tutorial with the latest jogl and choose the jar folder instead of the lib folder.. And i get this error message in Eclipse

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gluegen-rt in java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1854)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:840)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1078)
        at com.jogamp.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraryInternal(NativeLibLoader.java:102)
        at com.jogamp.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader.access$000(NativeLibLoader.java:51)
        at com.jogamp.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader$1.run(NativeLibLoader.java:70)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.jogamp.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader.loadGlueGenRT(NativeLibLoader.java:68)
        at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JVMUtil.<clinit>(JVMUtil.java:56)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.<clinit>(GLProfile.java:1066)
        at com.hoshi.jogamp.Jogamp.<init>(Jogamp.java:23)
        at com.hoshi.jogamp.Jogamp.main(Jogamp.java:34)

What should i do? Are there any newer tutorial?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Environment Setup

Michael Bien
the exception tells you that the native libraries are missing. Its not about the jar files (classpath) its about the library path (.dll, .so, etc).

Maybe it was just luck that it worked before if all you did was to place the jars in the classpath (did you have old jogl natives in your system path? maybe jdk ext folder?)

anyway here is the link: :)
http://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_an_JogAmp_project_in_your_favourite_IDE

best regards,

-michael
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Environment Setup

Chigurh
Thanks! I had chosen jar folder for the native library. Thanks again! :-)