Error building for PPC64 (...optional.ANTLR not found)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error building for PPC64 (...optional.ANTLR not found)

wspear
This post was updated on .
The issue below was fixed by editing stub_includes/platform/glibc-compat-symbols.h to handle PPC64 as currently done for aarch64

---

The below issue was resolved by adding ppc64le as a valid os.arch value where previously only ppc was tested for in gluegen-cpptasks-base.xml, basically duplicated every value with ppc in it using a ppc64le equivalent. Now I'm running into the build error below which seems like it could be the issue reported here: http://forum.jogamp.org/unsolved-memcpy-GLIBC-2-4-No-symbol-version-section-td4033903.html  (Using: gcc version 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-11) (GCC) )

gluegen.cpptasks.declare.compiler:
     [echo] java.home.dir                /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.131-3.b12.el7_3.ppc64le/jre/..
     [echo] java.includes.dir            /storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/make/stub_includes/jni
     [echo] java.includes.dir.platform   /storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/make/stub_includes/jni/x11
     [echo] java.lib.dir.platform        /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.131-3.b12.el7_3.ppc64le/jre/../jre/lib/ppc64le

gluegen.cpptasks.setup.compiler:

c.configure:

junit.test1i.c.build:
     [echo] Compiling test1
     [echo]    c.compiler.src.files junit.test1i.c.src.files
     [echo]    compiler.cfg.id compiler.cfg.linux
     [echo]    linker.cfg.id linker.test1.dll.cfg.id
     [echo]    output.lib.name test1
       [cc] 1 total files to be compiled.
       [cc] cc1: warning: command line option ‘-fno-rtti’ is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C [enabled by default]
       [cc] In file included from /storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/src/junit/com/jogamp/gluegen/test/junit/generation/test1.c:2:0:
       [cc] /storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/src/junit/com/jogamp/gluegen/test/junit/generation/test1.h:319:6: warning: #warning "Hello Native Compiler" [-Wcpp]
       [cc]      #warning "Hello Native Compiler"
       [cc]       ^
       [cc] /storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/src/junit/com/jogamp/gluegen/test/junit/generation/test1.c: In function ‘createModelMutable’:
       [cc] /storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/src/junit/com/jogamp/gluegen/test/junit/generation/test1.c:718:5: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘strncpy’ discards ‘const’ qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
       [cc]      strncpy(s->modelNamePointerCString, "Hello CString", 13+1);
       [cc]      ^
       [cc] In file included from /storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/src/junit/com/jogamp/gluegen/test/junit/generation/test1.c:7:0:
       [cc] /usr/include/string.h:128:14: note: expected ‘char * __restrict__’ but argument is of type ‘const char *’
       [cc]  extern char *strncpy (char *__restrict __dest,
       [cc]               ^
       [cc] /storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/src/junit/com/jogamp/gluegen/test/junit/generation/test1.c: In function ‘destroyModelMutable’:
       [cc] /storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/src/junit/com/jogamp/gluegen/test/junit/generation/test1.c:737:5: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘free’ discards ‘const’ qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
       [cc]      free(s->modelNamePointerCString);
       [cc]      ^
       [cc] In file included from /storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/src/junit/com/jogamp/gluegen/test/junit/generation/test1.c:5:0:
       [cc] /usr/include/stdlib.h:482:13: note: expected ‘void *’ but argument is of type ‘const char *’
       [cc]  extern void free (void *__ptr) __THROW;
       [cc]              ^
       [cc] Starting link
       [cc] /usr/bin/ld: libtest1.so: No symbol version section for versioned symbol `memcpy@GLIBC_2.0'
       [cc] /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
       [cc] collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

BUILD FAILED
/storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/make/build.xml:1066: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/make/build-test.xml:282: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/make/build-test.xml:605: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/make/build-test.xml:250: gcc failed with return code 1

Total time: 16 seconds

---

The below issue was resolved by downloading a whole new ant and setting it in my PATH and ANT_HOME variables. Now I'm running into this

BUILD FAILED
/storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/make/build.xml:428: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/make/build.xml:432: Requires '${compiler.cfg.id}'

Total time: 1 second

Enabling
gcc.compat.compiler=gcc
in gluegen.properties doesn't seem to help but I'll try some other fixes and update if I have any success...
---

I need to build gluegen/jogl native libraries for PPC64 but I'm not off to a great start. Everything I have tried so far (downloading various versions of antlr-optional.jar or antlr-complete.jar and dropping them in make/lib or ~/.ant/lib or specifying -lib) has resulted in the build of gluegen from git failing with the output below. Is there information on the specific versions of the ant/antlr/etc jars (or something else I might require) that are needed to successfully run this build? Alternatively, if someone has an existing build for PPC64, or input on creating one, that would be handy. Thanks!

The Error:
generate.java:

BUILD FAILED
/storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/make/build.xml:945: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/make/build.xml:682: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/storage/users/wspear/Code/centaur-jogl/gluegen/make/build.xml:641: Problem: failed to create task or type antlr
Cause: the class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ANTLR was not found.
        This looks like one of Ant's optional components.
Action: Check that the appropriate optional JAR exists in
        -/usr/share/ant/lib
        -/home/users/wspear/.ant/lib
        -a directory added on the command line with the -lib argument

Do not panic, this is a common problem.
The commonest cause is a missing JAR.

This is not a bug; it is a configuration problem

Total time: 3 seconds
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Error building for PPC64 (...optional.ANTLR not found)

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

Thank you for the feedback. Please can you tell me exactly which version of Ant you use? 1.10.1? Have you looked at our build instructions in the wiki?
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

wspear
This post was updated on .
I decided to download 1.9.9 instead of my system default and was able to work around that problem. My latest road-block is at the top of my post now ( libtest1.so: No symbol version section for versioned symbol `memcpy@GLIBC_2.0' ).  I may not be using proper forum etiquette here. Should I start a new post, maybe in the gluegen subforum, for that issue?

Edit: I was able to fix this by tweaking glibc-compat-symbols.h to account for ppc64 too. The junit tests pass so the next stop is building jogl...
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Would you like to contribute so that we might provide some "official" support for this architecture? A pull request would be appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
|

wspear
It looks like my build for ppc64le is working for our application. I would be happy to contribute. What is the procedure for pushing changes back to github from an anonymous master clone?
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
You can make a pull request against "jogamp" GlueGen github repository and some maintainers and contributors will review it (preferably not only me).
Reply | Threaded
|

rosesophos
thank you