Has development stoped?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Has development stoped?

juankprada
Hi guys, I am wondering if Jogamp's related projects have stopped development. I haven't seen much movement in the git repos lately (specially in jogl's) and I would like to know if Jogl 2.4.0 is still going to be released  (anytime soon). I know I am in no position to ask for support of the development of Jogl and I know contributors work on it when they can, But I also think it is a good practice to provide information to the community about the status of the development (If its just me not knowing where that info is, I would like somebody to point me to it as I havent found it) .

Also, is there anything the community can do to keep jogamp going on?  I am not an opengl expert and I know little of the internals of the JOGL architecture but I am sure I can help with something.

Now, I want to thank the Jogl developers and contributors for their work, you have made a great piece of software
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Has development stoped?

elect
Let's say things have been a little critical in the last couple of months, but now it should be back to normal soon
Reply | Threaded
|

juankprada
any reason why they have been like that? and How/why is it going to change back to normal soon? what will change?
Reply | Threaded
|

elect
juankprada wrote
any reason why they have been like that? and How/why is it going to change back to normal soon? what will change?

Basically Sven was busy, gouessej thought to release a "manteinance version" in the meanwhile but since he is back   probabily they will release a normal one.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
In reply to this post by juankprada
I still have to make a few pull requests but there is no need to worry.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website