classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to make GLProfile works?

Longman
How to make GLProfile works?
I follow instruction from “tutorials point”(www.tutorialspoint.com), run the code it provided. It can’t run GLProfile and don’t even give me a chance to debug! Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to make GLProfile works?

jmaasing
Since you provide no stacktrace or any error information at all it is very hard to say but my guess is your eclipse project does not setup the correct classpath andthe jogl native code is not found. Or your computer does not have OpenGL at all, or something else.
Reply | Threaded
|

Longman
Thank you jmaasing.
Here is the project setup and build path
Reply | Threaded
|

Longman
In reply to this post by jmaasing
By the way, my Graphic card is Intel HD Graphics 4000 and its spc said that it support OpenGL 4.0. How do I test the OpenGL in my Laptop?
Reply | Threaded
|

elect
Try this:

GLProfile profile = GLProfile.getMaxProgrammableCore(true);

System.out.println("Max OpenGL Version " + profile.getName());
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
In reply to this post by Longman
Hi

As far as I know, there are some troubles with this kind of hardware under Windows 10, keep it in mind.

Secondly, the tutorials from tutorialspoint.com aren't officially supported by the JogAmp community, they might contain inexact or obsolete information. I advise you to start with something very simple, look at our examples in the wiki and on Wikipedia too.

Moreover, the JARs containing the native libraries must be in the same directory than the JARs containing the Java libraries but only the JARs containing the Java libraries need to be in the classpath, not the JARs containing the native libraries.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website