How to set the offline World Map with data to the One of the Split pane .etc

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to set the offline World Map with data to the One of the Split pane .etc

Manjunatha Bhat
In my JOGL application I used Frame ,for that split-pane is attached , right panel consist of the shapes( rendering) ,and left panel consist of the button.if trying to change the background color of the panels . but it is not able to applicable.and also i need to attach the offline world map to the right  panel.
1> How to download the world Offline map it should sutable to the JOGL Application.(Currently i'm using the ArcGIS map  ,but it contain only one country map ,that,s format is .mmpk . and that  code is related to(mapView) java FX ,how can i achive in JOGL?)

2> Is it possible to attach the .mmpk file using JOGL?  otherwise which map format is sutable to JOGL application? How to achieve that?

3 >if i add the more than one component (like ,buttons ,label) to the left panel,nothing is appear.
4> im trying to add the different color to the panel.i followed like this. leftpanel.setBackground(Color.GREEN ); but cant get.
   thank you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to set the offline World Map with data to the One of the Split pane .etc

gouessej
Administrator
Hey

JOGL is very low level. I advise you to create an image (JPG, PNG, ...) and to use it to make a texture in order to show the world map in your panel if this panel uses JOGL (otherwise, it's a pure AWT/Swing problem, just call Graphics.drawImage()).

Do your both panels use JOGL? Do you use a GLCanvas or a GLJPanel? There are several ways of displaying a background color in OpenGL, you can simply change the clear color (it works with a single background color but not for a gradient) or you can disable the depth test and draw a quad that occupies the whole screen (it works with a single background color, a gradient and even an image). This example should work (and isn't very difficult to port to Java/JOGL):
https://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/showthread.php/164345-Gradient-background?p=1161267&viewfull=1#post1161267

Have you ever used Worldwind? Its Java implementation uses JOGL under the hood, maybe it would help you not to reinvent the wheel.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to set the offline World Map with data to the One of the Split pane .etc

Manjunatha Bhat
Hey Gouessej,

your information about the WorldWindJava map is  very usefull,i would like to thank you.

1)...Encircle of radius 1 km  or 2km  around given latitude/longitude using world wind java How to achive this?
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Manjunatha Bhat
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Manjunatha Bhat
What I'm asking is if I enter the latitude and longitude value in the text
fields ..the drawn encircle should come over there in map .and  how to make the
open street  map layer functional, if i select open street map it is not showing the result(means not converted into the Oopen street map) ?

Thank you ...
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
If your question is specific to NASA Worldwind, you should post it in its forum.

As far as I know, you can add a GeoJSON feature containing a shape into a GeoJSON layer drawn above a basic tiled layer using OpenStreetMap.

I use OpenStreetMap too :)
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website