DCJ
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

JOGL Installation

DCJ
Hello,

My English is not native.

I am older Java programmer and having an idea for commercial project using Java and OpenGL.

I look both sites , JOGL and LWJGL, I want to use JOGL for my project but it seems that LWJGL have lots of tutorials than your site.

Maybe I am wrong and I am truly sorry for that but I did not find to much tutorials using JOGL.

Let starts that I can;'t understand how to install JOGL package in my MAC OSX 10.6 computer, did not find any tutorials here about it.
Can you direct me to a tutorial or help me here?

I found few sources of JOGL but cant run them because I am missing "net.java.games.jogl"

Please help me and tons of tutorials will help us a lot here. from basic to advanced topics.

are you planning to add ones? or can you point me to good JOGL tutorials on the web? book? etc?

The project I am planning is huge and I prefer JOGL than LWJGL.

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: JOGL Installation

Wade Walker
Administrator
Hello! Everyone is welcome, English native or not

Our tutorials are listed at https://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Jogl_Tutorial. If you use Eclipse especially, there are lots of examples. Some of these are also on my blog at http://wadeawalker.wordpress.com/.

There's also a page on our wiki at https://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_an_Eclipse_project_that_uses_JOGL that tells how to download JOGL and set up an Eclipse project that uses it.

If you have any questions about these tutorials, or you have suggestions for new ones, just post here -- someone in the community can probably help.

It might help if you told us more about your project. Are you making a desktop application or a web application? What will the project do? Does it have to run cross-platform, or is it one platform only?
DCJ
Reply | Threaded
|

DCJ
Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am using IntelliJ 10 IDE as my IDE.

As for the information about the project, Because it is commercial project I can't deliver details but what I can say that it is desktop application in the first stage (web browser in planning too) and it will be cross platform.

if you can direct me to IntelliJ 10 IDE installation it will be great.

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
I created instructions on how to set up JOGL 2 in IntelliJ IDEA at https://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_an_IntelliJ_IDEA_project_that_uses_JOGL. I haven't put the pictures in yet, but it should have all the information you need.

Let me know if you need anything else!
DCJ
Reply | Threaded
|

DCJ
THANKSSSS

I did what you said and I have last question

you wrote "Type -Djava.library.path=your/path/to/JOGL2/files in the "VM Parameters" box"

can you tell me which files? your/path/to/JOGL2/files  to which files?

In the folder of JOGL I created there few folders: etc, jar, jnlp-files and lib

to which I should direct he VM Parameters?

THANKS AGAIN for your tutorials, looking forward to the pictures also.

Dvir
Reply | Threaded
|

François Coupal
That would be the native library directory. Probably the "lib" directory. Those that contains "*.so" or "*.dll" files, depending on the current architecture you use.
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
François is exactly right -- this path should point to the directory where your .jnilib files are (the Mac apparently uses .jnilib instead of .so).
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
In reply to this post by DCJ
DCJ wrote

Dvir
You're very welcome, Dvir. I changed the wording of the wiki page so it explicitly says to point to the native .so, .dll, or .jnilib to avoid confusion in the future.

I've got a permissions problem uploading the pictures right now, they should be up soon.

Reply | Threaded
|

Michael Bien

On 01/17/2011 08:40 PM, Wade Walker [via jogamp] wrote:
DCJ wrote:

Dvir
You're very welcome, Dvir. I changed the wording of the wiki page so it explicitly says to point to the native .so, .dll, or .jnilib to avoid confusion in the future.

I've got a permissions problem uploading the pictures right now, they should be up soon.
hehe. tell me when you figured out how to upload pictures :)
didn't worked for me also the last time i checked

-michael

View message @ http://jogamp.762907.n3.nabble.com/JOGL-Installation-tp2268914p2274852.html
To start a new topic under jogamp, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from jogamp, click here.

-- 
http://michael-bien.com/
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
Michael Bien wrote
> I've got a permissions problem uploading the pictures right now, they
> should be up soon.
hehe. tell me when you figured out how to upload pictures :)
didn't worked for me also the last time i checked
-michael
I got Sven to enable uploads on the wiki server, there's just a problem actually writing the files to the server's directory. I emailed him earlier, but it might take him a while to see it since he's busy moving across town
Reply | Threaded
|

Dvir
In reply to this post by Michael Bien
Thank you all, you helped me a lot.

Sincerely,
Dvir

Mr. Wade Walker, Keep up the good work and energy, Your help is blessed here.

Sincerely,
Dvir
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
You're very welcome  If you have any more questions, you know where to find us.