Java3d repo updated - offscreen rendering works!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Java3d repo updated - offscreen rendering works!

hharrison
I've updated the master branch of my java3d repo with a small (brutal) hack to get offscreen
rendering functional.

At this point, I've stripped all of the native backends out and only support the jogl2 backend...it's a pure-java
project.  I'll move on to getting the build scripts working again and some small reorganization of the folder
structure, at that point it will be about time to get a repo on jogamp and get the binary builds going.

Thanks again Julien and Sven for your efforts on Jogl2 and the initial java3d port!!

Harvey
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Java3d repo updated - offscreen rendering works!

hharrison
Suppose I should remind people (master branch in each repo):

git://github.com/hharrison/java3d-core.git
git://github.com/hharrison/java3d-utils.git
git://github.com/hharrison/vecmath.git

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Java3d repo updated - offscreen rendering works!

LordSmoke
In reply to this post by hharrison
hharrison wrote
I've updated the master branch of my java3d repo with a small (brutal) hack to get offscreen
rendering functional.

At this point, I've stripped all of the native backends out and only support the jogl2 backend...it's a pure-java
project.  I'll move on to getting the build scripts working again and some small reorganization of the folder
structure, at that point it will be about time to get a repo on jogamp and get the binary builds going.

Thanks again Julien and Sven for your efforts on Jogl2 and the initial java3d port!!

Harvey
That is GREAT news! I am heading out shortly for another two weeks in semi-seclusion in Vienna. If I am even partially as productive as I was in March, I hope to figure out the "fat jar" thing, and if java3d will build, including my existing, standalone visualizations in my program. Then, my students and I will start on all-new JOGL, shader-based visualizations - they are working on shader programming even as I write.

-LS