Jogl is awesome

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jogl is awesome

philjord
I've just put an example app up on the android play store and I just wanted to say thanks to the Jogamp team, it's working very nicely on a range of devices, with no extra effort/testing from me, I coded for one device and it (so far) runs nicely everywhere!

For anyone who's thinking about using Jogl for a project, this is another example of how nicely it works!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ingenieur.ese.eseandroid&hl=en

I'm working on another even better example, so hopefully that will roll out as smoothly.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Jogl is awesome

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

Let me know whether there is a way of downloading the APK without using the Google Play Store. Good job :)
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

philjord
I could put it onto a drop box or something if you like?

I don't want to formally support another distribution channel, so just something private would be better.

I requires the 10MB apk and another 90MB file, which needs to be put in the game data folder location.

Now I use the Google play expansion file system to get this large file onto phones one time.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Do as you wish but self-hosting helps to fight against trackers and Google has a long history of stealing personal data... If I were you, I'd do my best to put everything into a single file.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website