Legacy build of JOGL (creating drihack library?)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Legacy build of JOGL (creating drihack library?)

wspear
Greetings.  I'm supporting some software that uses a pretty old release of jogl on some non-standard platforms.  We are able to build libjogl.so but the other libraries we require (libjogl_drihack.so, libjogl_cg.so) do not show up.  I don't see any reference to drihack in the source.  Some direction on how to build these would be much appreciated.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Legacy build of JOGL (creating drihack library?)

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

As far as I know, the only user who still knows how to build JOGL 1 here is Wade, maybe Sven too. I have never succeeded in building JOGL 1, only JOGL 2.0.

Sorry to repeat that once more but using an obsolete version of JOGL (not maintained anymore for years) in a commercial software is a dead end. I highly encourage you to switch to JOGL 2.0.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

wspear
It turns out we were using a code base that was too new.  Only 1.0 releases generated the drihack lib but we were using 1.1.

We're turning our attention to updating to 2.0 now, thanks for the advice!
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
You're welcome. Some people here use JOGL 2 in embedded environments, maybe they can give you some hints if you have a problem. I'm accustomed to port projects to JOGL 2, it's quite trivial, there are only a few things to know about some minor changes (the GLContext is available later in JOGL 2 than in JOGL 1, some classes have been moved and/or renamed).
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website