Maple 2017.3 gets stuck while starting it.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Maple 2017.3 gets stuck while starting it.

Alon
 So I think I succesully installed both maple 2017.3 and the toolbox for matlab.
I tried to start maple through root, i.e with xmaple and it's get stuck.

The problem is while running maple through root, i.e running the root in the terminal, I still get the following error:

Exception in thread "Request id 1" java.lang.InternalError: XXX0 profile[1]: GL3bc -> profileImpl GL4bc !!! not mapped
    at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.computeProfileMap(GLProfile.java:2071)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDeviceCritical(GLProfile.java:1924)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDevice(GLProfile.java:1875)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDefaultDevices(GLProfile.java:1843)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.access$000(GLProfile.java:80)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile$1.run(GLProfile.java:230)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.initSingleton(GLProfile.java:216)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.getProfileMap(GLProfile.java:2297)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.get(GLProfile.java:988)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.get(GLProfile.java:1004)
    at com.maplesoft.mathdoc.view.plot.Plot3DCanvasView.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.worksheet.view.WmiWorksheetView.readProperties(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.worksheet.view.WmiWorksheetView.wmiWorksheetView_init(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.worksheet.view.WmiWorksheetView.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.worksheet.view.WmiWorksheetView.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.worksheet.application.WmiWorksheetWindowManager.createWorksheet(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.worksheet.application.WmiWorksheetWindowManager.createWorksheet(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.worksheet.application.WmiWorksheetStartupStrategy.createFirstWorksheet(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.worksheet.application.WmiWorksheetStartupStrategy.openFirstWorksheet(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.worksheet.application.WmiGenericStartupStrategy.doStartup(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.worksheet.application.WmiWorksheetStartupStrategy.doStartup(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.application.Maple.doStartup(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.application.Application.startup(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.application.ServerProtocol$StartApplicationHandler.processCommand(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.application.ServerProtocol.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.application.ServerProtocol.processNextStep(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.application.ExchangeProtocol.executeProtocol(Unknown Source)
    at com.maplesoft.application.ApplicationManager$Listener.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
And maple initial app window gets stuck, I searched google for the first line error:

Exception in thread "Request id 1" java.lang.InternalError: XXX0 profile[1]: GL3bc -> profileImpl GL4bc !!! not mapped

But I am not sure that's relevant for my problem in maple.
What to do to fix this?

Alon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maple 2017.3 gets stuck while starting it.

gouessej
Administrator
Hey

It's probably caused by the bug 1357, please use the JAR mentioned in my post:
http://forum.jogamp.org/how-can-I-build-jogl-2-3-3-and-when-is-it-due-for-release-tp4038662p4038675.html

I'm not familiar with Maple, you have to modify its classpath to run it with the JAR mentioned above instead of the one(s) bundled with it for JOGL.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website