mouseEvent.getRotation()[0]

?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MouseListener, mouseWheelMoved and Shift

gouessej
Administrator
If you press Shift, the operating system treats your scroll as an horizontal one, not a vertical one. Please look at the documentation:
http://jogamp.org/deployment/jogamp-next/javadoc/jogl/javadoc/com/jogamp/newt/event/MouseEvent.html#getRotation()
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

elect
Ok, merci bocu
Reply | Threaded
|

elect
This post was updated on .
Ah, and what about if I need to check a double combination?

For example if both

MouseEvent.BUTTON1 && MouseEvent.BUTTON2

are pressed at the same time?

Sorry, is it right doing so?

if ((mouseEvent.getModifiers() & (MouseEvent.BUTTON2_MASK + MouseEvent.BUTTON3_MASK))
                == (MouseEvent.BUTTON2_MASK | MouseEvent.BUTTON3_MASK)) {

}
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

Maybe it would be easier to implement with getButtonsDown().

Edit.: Moreover, wheres AWT has 2 methods returning modifiers (getModifiers() for the states that have just changed, getModifiersEx() with all states), NEWT only has a single getModifiers() method. Don't use +, rather use BUTTON1_DOWN_MASK | BUTTON2_DOWN_MASK but it won't work if NEWT getModifiers() behaves exactly like AWT getModifiers(). In Ardor3D, I only use MouseEvent.getButton(). When you press a mouse button, a new mouse event is generated. If you press the mouse button 1 and then the mouse button 2, 2 mouse (pressed) events are generated. In an high level input system, the current state should already contain the first pressed button when you press the second one.
Reply | Threaded
|

elect
gouessej wrote
Hi

Maybe it would be easier to implement with getButtonsDown().

Edit.: Moreover, wheres AWT has 2 methods returning modifiers (getModifiers() for the states that have just changed, getModifiersEx() with all states), NEWT only has a single getModifiers() method. Don't use +, rather use BUTTON1_DOWN_MASK | BUTTON2_DOWN_MASK but it won't work if NEWT getModifiers() behaves exactly like AWT getModifiers(). In Ardor3D, I only use MouseEvent.getButton(). When you press a mouse button, a new mouse event is generated. If you press the mouse button 1 and then the mouse button 2, 2 mouse (pressed) events are generated. In an high level input system, the current state should already contain the first pressed button when you press the second one.
Exactly, this is the result of me.getModifiers()

press B1     32

press B2     160

release B1  160

press B1     160

This is a pity, why Newt doesn't have both getModifiers() and me.getModifiersEx()?

I will try to use getButtonsDown()[] and MouseEvent.BUTTONx instead. It seems it puts the pressed buttons always in increasing order

Edit: the mouseWheelMoved returns 1 as well

buttons[0] = 1

This is wrong or? Shouldn't it the BUTTON1?

Edit2: if I just scroll the wheel or if I press and hold B1 and then scroll the wheel, this

public void mouseWheelMoved(MouseEvent me) {
        System.out.println("mouseWheelMoved");

System.out.println(me.getModifiers()+" "+me.getButton()+" "+me.getRotation()[1]);

for(int i=0; i<me.getButtonsDown().length;i++){

System.out.println("buttons["+i+"] = "+me.getButtonsDown()[i]);
        }</i>

is returning exactly the same input..

mouseWheelMoved
32 1 1.0
buttons[0] = 1

This is a kind of problem for me, because we would like to have a generic mouseListener, that is if the use wanna change a mouse combination he can.. And if I get the same output I need to modify the mousePressed/Released and make it hardcoded..
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
There is something wrong with getButtonsDown(), the result doesn't match with the documentation.

I think that most of the problem doesn't come from NEWT, AWT already works very similarly except that it has a getModifiersEx() method but it's not necessary. TUER uses the JOGL NEWT backend of Ardor3D and it allows to modify the combination of keys, you can get the correct behaviour without getModifiersEx() by storing and managing the mouse states in the same way Ardor3D does.
Reply | Threaded
|

elect
gouessej wrote
you can get the correct behaviour without getModifiersEx() by storing and managing the mouse states in the same way Ardor3D does.
You mean here

https://github.com/Renanse/Ardor3D/blob/master/ardor3d-jogl/src/main/java/com/ardor3d/input/jogl/JoglNewtMouseWrapper.java

?
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Yes. That's why we create high level libraries, it allows developers to keep concentrated on their softwares, they don't have to write this kind of code themselves. When the mouse state is already set in mousePressed, you can see that the buttons states are simply updated. After the update, this state reflects the fact that 2 buttons are pressed, it seems to be what you want.