classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
AGP
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Next Build

AGP
I'm just wondering when a new maintenance build might come out. From what I gathered, the last one was pre-Windows 10 and I'm concerned about the shelf life of the existing dlls. ; )
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Next Build

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

The version 2.3.2 works with Windows 10. You should look at the wiki, I added a page about the next version 2.3.3, elect and me started planning which bugs we'll fix, other contributors will do the same. Of course, you can still update the JogAmp version used in your software without updating your own code except if you rely on features whose APIs have changed but the next version is only a maintenance build, it won't happen. The version 2.4.0 will contain at least one major API change.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
AGP
Reply | Threaded
|

AGP
Thanks for the quick response. Now, here's a code one. Neither the following code, nor the line in the doc work. I need a GLCanvas, and both the glu and gl contexts. How do I go about getting them (the docs loop right into the Twilight Zone LOL).

canvas = GLDrawableFactory.getFactory().createGLCanvas(glCapabilities);
        glu = canvas.getGLU();
        gl = canvas.getGL();
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Which doc? Our Java API documentation is available here:
http://jogamp.org/deployment/jogamp-next/javadoc/jogl/javadoc/

You can create a GLCanvas without using a factory with this method:
http://jogamp.org/deployment/jogamp-next/javadoc/jogl/javadoc/com/jogamp/opengl/awt/GLCanvas.html#GLCanvas(com.jogamp.opengl.GLCapabilitiesImmutable)

You can create a GLU instance by calling GLU.createGLU(GL), typically in GLEventListener.init(GLAutoDrawable).

I advise you to read carefully the documentation of this method.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website