classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"No Jar name in..." Errors

MDHillman
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the source of some IllegalArgumentException errors I'm getting (see below for output). Strange thing is, using the exact same program & libraries, with the same Java version and OS architecture, I can reproduce this error on one machine but not another. I've added the Gluegen-rt-main and Jogl-all-main dependancies via Maven, anyone have any thoughts?

Catched IllegalArgumentException: No Jar name in <jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/foo/bar.exe!/com/jogamp/common/os/Platform.class>, got <bar.exe>, while TempJarCache.bootstrapNativeLib() of null (null + null)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: "No Jar name in..." Errors

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

What do you use to package your application? We are responsible for troubles caused by third party packagers.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

MDHillman
I'm using NetBeans v 7.1.2 to build a Jar file which is then wrapped into an executable using Launch4J.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
JogAmp APIs support Java Web Start. The "fat JAR" approach isn't supported yet. You can make it work, a few users succeeded in doing so but it will be a bit tricky. Maybe some contributors could write a proper request for enhancement so that the developers can just merge all JARs into one and load the native libraries from it.

You can manually load the DLLs in your code and deploy them as separate files.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website