Problems Loading Native Libraries Traditionally

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems Loading Native Libraries Traditionally

mtorres
Hello, I'm having issues when I try to load jogl native libraries traditionally. I have read the jogl user guide and it says to put "Djogamp.gluegen.UseTempJarCache=false" as a VM argument and then set the VM property java.library.path or the platform-dependent environment variable(in my case PATH) to the "lib" directory. I downloaded all the jogl jars and dlls and have set them in a file which is on my PATH, I set the VM property java.library to point to the "lib" file as well, and i put the "Djogamp.gluegen.UseTempJarCache=false" as a VM argument. After doing all this my program will not render but any time i set the VM argument to "Djogamp.gluegen.UseTempJarCache=true" everything works fine. what am i doing wrong so that the jogl libraries aren't loading when i try and do it traditionally?
Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problems Loading Native Libraries Traditionally

Wade Walker
Administrator
Not sure what's going on, you haven't listed any error messages you may be seeing :) It should complain about not finding the libraries or something.

You should do it exactly like the command lines at the bottom of the page at https://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_a_JogAmp_project_in_your_favorite_IDE#Compile_and_run_your_project_from_the_command_line

Reply | Threaded
|

mtorres
I'm running my code from a .exe file and I'm inputting the VM arguments in the .conf file of my application. When i check the logs i don't see any mention of an error regarding JOGL. Is there a debugger i could use so that i could see exceptions being thrown by jogl?
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
The error message might be getting swallowed by the .exe that you've wrapped around the code. If you have a JAR file for your app, you could try running directly it with "java -jar" to bypass your wrapper and see if any errors are showing.
Reply | Threaded
|

mtorres
I was able to bypass the logger of the .exe and see the problem. It was throwing an UnsatisfiedLinkError because the .dlls i was trying to load traditionally were 32bit and not 64bit. once i replaced them with 64bit everything seems to work just fine. thanks for your help.
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
Excellent! Glad you got it resolved :)