classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems with Windows 32bit

p.stelzer
Hi,

there might be a problem with the 32bit natives for windows. If I run a JOCL-project under 32bit environment i'm getting:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.jogamp.common.os.WindowsDynamicLinkerImpl.LoadLibraryW(Ljava/lang/String;)J

With 64bit there seems to be no problem.
Could you possibly take a look if you get the same issue?

Regards and thanks in advance,
Philipp Stelzer
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problems with Windows 32bit

Michael Bien
Hello Philipp,

I'll take a look. We have a win64+ 32bit jvm build/test server in our cluster and it runs fine on that setup. I should run some tests manually on win32.

thanks,
michael

On 10/21/2010 12:18 PM, p.stelzer [via jogamp] wrote:
Hi,

there might be a problem with the 32bit natives for windows. If I run a JOCL-project under 32bit environment i'm getting:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.jogamp.common.os.WindowsDynamicLinkerImpl.LoadLibraryW(Ljava/lang/String;)J

With 64bit there seems to be no problem.
Could you possibly take a look if you get the same issue?

Regards and thanks in advance,
Philipp Stelzer

View message @ http://jogamp.762907.n3.nabble.com/Problems-with-Windows-32bit-tp1744762p1744762.html
To start a new topic under jogamp, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from jogamp, click here.

-- 
http://michael-bien.com/
Reply | Threaded
|

Michael Bien
installed win7/32bit + oracle jdk in virtual box and JOCL it runs fine so far. Was not able to reproduce the UnsatisfiedLinkError.

btw a webstartable CLInfo demo is here: http://jogamp.org/jocl-demos/www/
(currently only deployed for windows and linux)

best regards,
michael
Reply | Threaded
|

p.stelzer
I first tried it with WinXP 32bit + Oracle JDK, but couldn't get it to work because of the UnsatisfiedLinkError. Both, the aggregated builds from jogamp and my own builds led to the same.

Later I used Vista 64bit with Oracle JDK 64bit and there was no problem executing the project. Switching to 32bit led to UnsatisfiedLinkError again.

The XP and Vista systems are completely different machines, so I thought there could be a problem with the 32bit jocl.dll. But if it works on your systems, the error might be with me.

The complete exception is as follows:

at com.jogamp.common.os.WindowsDynamicLinkerImpl.LoadLibraryW(Native Method)
        at com.jogamp.common.os.WindowsDynamicLinkerImpl.openLibraryGlobal(WindowsDynamicLinkerImpl.java:41)
        at com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary.open(NativeLibrary.java:189)
        at com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary.open(NativeLibrary.java:136)
        at com.jogamp.opencl.JOCLJNILibLoader.loadOpenCL(JOCLJNILibLoader.java:19)
        at com.jogamp.opencl.CLPlatform$2.run(CLPlatform.java:96)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.jogamp.opencl.CLPlatform.initialize(CLPlatform.java:93)
        at com.jogamp.opencl.CLPlatform.getDefault(CLPlatform.java:121)
        at com.jogamp.opencl.CLContext.create(CLContext.java:122)
        at com.jogamp.opencl.CLContext.create(CLContext.java:97)
        at org.yourorghere.JOGAMPTest.main(JOGAMPTest.java:45)

So, I don't understand why it doesn't work with 32bit, but with 64 without problems...

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Philipp
Reply | Threaded
|

Michael Bien
does the webstart CLInfo demo already trigger the exception?

thanks,
michael

On 10/21/2010 06:33 PM, p.stelzer [via jogamp] wrote:
I first tried it with WinXP 32bit + Oracle JDK, but couldn't get it to work because of the UnsatisfiedLinkError. Both, the aggregated builds from jogamp and my own builds led to the same.

Later I used Vista 64bit with Oracle JDK 64bit and there was no problem executing the project. Switching to 32bit led to UnsatisfiedLinkError again.

The XP and Vista systems are completely different machines, so I thought there could be a problem with the 32bit jocl.dll. But if it works on your systems, the error might be with me.

The complete exception is as follows:

at com.jogamp.common.os.WindowsDynamicLinkerImpl.LoadLibraryW(Native Method)
        at com.jogamp.common.os.WindowsDynamicLinkerImpl.openLibraryGlobal(WindowsDynamicLinkerImpl.java:41)
        at com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary.open(NativeLibrary.java:189)
        at com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary.open(NativeLibrary.java:136)
        at com.jogamp.opencl.JOCLJNILibLoader.loadOpenCL(JOCLJNILibLoader.java:19)
        at com.jogamp.opencl.CLPlatform$2.run(CLPlatform.java:96)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.jogamp.opencl.CLPlatform.initialize(CLPlatform.java:93)
        at com.jogamp.opencl.CLPlatform.getDefault(CLPlatform.java:121)
        at com.jogamp.opencl.CLContext.create(CLContext.java:122)
        at com.jogamp.opencl.CLContext.create(CLContext.java:97)
        at org.yourorghere.JOGAMPTest.main(JOGAMPTest.java:45)

So, I don't understand why it doesn't work with 32bit, but with 64 without problems...

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Philipp

View message @ http://jogamp.762907.n3.nabble.com/Problems-with-Windows-32bit-tp1744762p1746710.html
To start a new topic under jogamp, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from jogamp, click here.

-- 
http://michael-bien.com/
Reply | Threaded
|

p.stelzer
interesting... webstart works without problem... maybe its about time to redo my systems...

anyway, thanks for your effort

regards,
philipp