Trouble starting up javax.media.nativewindow.Capabilities not found

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trouble starting up javax.media.nativewindow.Capabilities not found

theTrav
I'm trying to write some 3D Renderers for my little hobby app, I'm having some trouble getting started.

I'm not terribly keen on building the jogl project from source, so I poked around a while and found a zip that looked promising from: http://download.java.net/media/jogl/builds/archive/jsr-231-2.0-beta5/jogl-2.0-macosx-universal.zip 
unzipped it to my lib folder and added the many many jars to my classpath.

Then I found a ton of tutorials for slightly different versions of Jogl, none of which worked, and ended up getting something to compile that looks pretty appropriate to me.

Unfortunately the first thing that happens is on the first line of my program
GLCapabilities glCaps = new GLCapabilities(GLProfile.get(GLProfile.GL2));

where it complains about
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.media.nativewindow.Capabilities

Seems that isn't a part of my jvm, or a part of any of those jars, nor am I able to locate the jar it should be a part of it (tried jarfinder.com and a whole lot of googling)

Doc's lead me to believe it's part of the Jogl project, but I've really got no firm basis for believing that.

Can anyone help me?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trouble starting up javax.media.nativewindow.Capabilities not found

theTrav
Great success!

Thanks to Demoscene Passivist's helpful reply to this thread I've been able to get my test app displaying a white triangle.

Tomorrow the WORLD!

I am still pretty certain that I'm packaging WAY more dependencies than I need, however I'm willing to defer solving that problem until I have something worth deploying.

Out of curiosity, is there by chance a maven2 repository floating around somewhere that I could point to and simplify the whole dependency issue?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Trouble starting up javax.media.nativewindow.Capabilities not found

Demoscene Passivist
Administrator
My pleasure ...