glcanvas blank while dragging split pane divider

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

glcanvas blank while dragging split pane divider

Nico Vink
I have a GLCanvas inside a commercial docking framework that seems to use JSplitPane a lot. Whenever I drag the split divider on the Mac, the 3D view refreshes with the wrong proportions for a while, until eventually there is a reshape and it refreshes properly (and it always refreshes properly when releasing the mouse). This behavior is fine with me.

On Windows, however, as soon as the mouse is down on the divider (before even dragging it) the 3D view turns blank (a light gray) until the mouse is released. This happens even when the divider doesn't even affect the size of the 3D view. The 3D view is the only component in the application that has this problem.

Does anyone know why I get this behavior, and how I can get the Windows version to work the same way the Mac OS X version does?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glcanvas blank while dragging split pane divider

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

If you use a proprietary docking framework, it will be difficult to help you as we won't be able to reproduce your bug. Please try to reproduce your bug with a simple test case. Is it the same without using this framework, for example by using a simple expandable split pane with a GLCanvas?
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website