gluegen bundle problem?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

gluegen bundle problem?

pixelpshr
Hi, I'm just getting started with JOGL and I've run into a problem right at the start.

I have downloaded the latest binaries from the web site, version 2.0 rc5 windows i586. After unpacking the archives I linked them into my simple test program and tried to run. It immediately dumped with the first message being:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\...\Projects\JOGL\gluegen-2.0-b33-20111219-windows-i586\jar\gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)

It looks like the gluegen windows-i586 jar file was constructed improperly and it is trying to load the gluegen-rt windows-amd64 libraries.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here?

Thanks,
Thom
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: gluegen bundle problem?

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

If you're on a 64 bits machine under Windows, you should use gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar (even for Intel 64 bits).
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

pixelpshr
That's weird, but ok. Does the same advice apply for the rest of the packages?
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
It's not weird as Intel and AMD 64 bits processors use the same architecture. The same advice applies in almost any Java library relying on native libraries.
Reply | Threaded
|

pixelpshr
Thanks again! I've been doing some more reading about this, but I know there's plenty that I still don't know.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
You're welcome. I did the same mistake some years ago. The RC6 will use a single JAR for all native libraries, it will avoid such confusions.