3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

gluegen under Netbeans?

jiapei100
This post was updated on .
Hi, gouessej:

It's weird that under Netbeans-7.2 under Ubuntu 12.04, there are always red (error) alerts for GlueGen:

1) src/java->com.jogamp.gluegen.runtime->BufferFactoryInternal.java
<nabble_embed>cannot find symbol symbol: variable UnsafeAccess</nabble_embed>

2) test/junit->com.jogamp.gluegen->StructValidator.java
<nabble_embed>package structtest does not exist</nabble_embed>

3) build/test->build.gensrc.classes.com.jogamp.gluegen.test.junit.generation
all files under this directory:
<nabble_embed>package com.jogamp.gluegen.test.junit.generation; -- Incorrect Package</nabble_embed>

4) build/test->build.gensrc.classes.com.jogamp.gluegen.test.junit.generation.impl
all files under this directory:
<nabble_embed>package com.jogamp.gluegen.test.junit.generation.impl; -- Incorrect Package</nabble_embed>

On the other hand, Eclipse didn't report such errors, but apparently, when I tried to Open Declaration for 1) 2), namely, for
UnsafeAccess and  structtest,  I got a dialog titled "Cannot Perform Operation", saying:
<nabble_embed>The resource is not on the build path of a Java project.</nabble_embed>

So... it seems there are always some problems for GlueGen. I don't know if I'm right?

Cheers
Pei
Welcome to Vision Open http://www.visionopen.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: gluegen under Netbeans?

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

I have to be honest, I build GlueGen with Eclipse most of the time, sometimes in command line. Several years ago, I had to modify a parameter in Eclipse to avoid it to complain about the use of some unsafe classes, I assume that you have to do something similar in Netbeans. You have to set the correct source directories to fix 3) and 4) as we did for Eclipse.

I really advise you to follow the instructions. If you really need to modify something, ensure that you succeed in building both GlueGen and JOGL before tinkering anything.

Edit.: Look at gluegen/nbproject/project.xml :
<source-folder>
                    <label>build/test/gensrc/java</label>
                    <type>java</type>
                    <location>build/test/gensrc/java</location>
                    <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</source-folder>
You have to do something similar for those directories.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: gluegen under Netbeans?

Wade Walker
Administrator
In reply to this post by jiapei100
There are some directories in Gluegen and JOGL that have to be excluded for a GUI environment to work without warnings or errors. If you look at http://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Building_JOGL_in_Eclipse#Create_the_gluegen_project_.28optional.29 you can see the list of directories I used when creating the Eclipse project files -- the same ones should work for Netbeans.