classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

libEGL warning: failed to create a pipe screen for i965

miguelpinia
Hello all
I have developed an application which uses JOGL to display the training of neural network (Kohonen Networks and variants). This application works perfectly in windows (x86, x64) but, testing on my linux (Ubuntu 13.10) no works.  When I debug the application in linux, it shows me the following error message:

libEGL warning: failed to create a pipe screen for i965

Reading previuos posts, recommend update the binaries used, then I upgrade the binaries and nothing, I still have the same result. I already tried downloading several different versions and testing them and execute the test include in the 7z archive, the results do not change.

The java version I'm using is 6/7 and works in Windows.

I hope can you help me.

Regards.

Miguel.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: libEGL warning: failed to create a pipe screen for i965

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

Please enable all logs and post them here so that we can help you:
http://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Jogl_FAQ#Applications

I started using JOGL in 2006 mostly under GNU Linux and it works very well. I'm under Mageia Linux 3. I tried under Debian, some Ubuntu variants, Fedora, Red Hat, ... and it worked :) Maybe there is a specific problem with the very latest Ubuntu distro.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

miguelpinia
Sorry to respond so far.
I solved this problem by compiling JOGL in my Ubuntu and it worked smoothly.
Thank you very much for your attention my friend :)

Grettings.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Thanks for the feedback but does the latest "packaged" version work too? (2.1.5-01)
Qhz
Reply | Threaded
|

Qhz
In reply to this post by miguelpinia
Hello, these days I meet the problem 'libEGL warning: failed to create a pipe screen for i965
' and my 3D program can't work well. I read your blog and know you had met the problem and dealt with it already. I want to ask you how to deal with it.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

I often get this warning but it doesn't prevent my softwares from running. What's the exact symptom? Do you succeed in running plain OpenGL programs? glxgears?
Reply | Threaded
|

Miguel
In reply to this post by Qhz
Hello,

just reading some git messages and old docs/notes that I wrote for the application,  I dealt with this problem rebuilding the jogl package in my Ubuntu and all works fine.

The instructions that I followed for rebuild the package were detailed here: https://web.archive.org/web/20140330235145/http://jogamp.org/jogl/doc/HowToBuild.html (Surely the page change since that time).

And checking the repository of the application, the version compiled of JOGL was 2.1.4, so I'm not sure if your problem was the same that mine in that moment (GLJPanel doesn't showed the animation for the training of my network).

I hope this help you.

Grettings.