N.B: I won't implement a renderer based on WebGPU because it doesn't seem to be mature enough, it's too early, the native implementations are still moving and incompatible, some choices need to be done. Vulkan is a worse choice when considering the web but the tooling to target web browsers with Java is still poor in the client side; Vulkan is a better choice when the target is not the web, that's why I'll consider using it in the future.
I've just uploaded a new binary build. Gradle 8.1 is required to build the engine and Java 20 is the minimal required version of Java now. I still have to replace the calls of URL deprecated constructors.
I've just dropped the Maven build scripts. It doesn't prevent from using Maven to build a project based on the engine, it only prevents from building the engine itself with Maven.
I've overridden the build-in javadoc Gradle task, it works like a charm. The tasks "publishToJogAmpMavenArdor3d" and "publishJavadocToJogAmpArdor3d" are run when I release a new snapshot in order to update the Java API documentations and to update the JARs.
N.B: I have removed the JARs from deployment/ardor3d in order to avoid duplicating the JARs of the project, I have removed the 7z archive for the same reason.
I have updated the tutorial.
The next step consists in getting rid of the deprecation warnings with Java 20.