Graph Curve Renderer Overflow
One remaining Graph Curve Renderer issue is having 'too much text',
overflowing as in looping from the end text-block to the beginning with garbage.
This occurs since our ES2 VBO GLRegion implementation uses UNSIGNED_SHORT to store vertex-indices
and we hit the roof with a simple ~700 character text.
- Using UNSIGNED_INT pushes out this limitation for 'a good while' :)
- Since ES3, glDrawElements(..) does support UNSIGNED_INT, good.
- Perhaps need to find an API way to tell the user ...
- Perhaps partitioning the region into more than one?
- Perhaps reduced index count by properly reusing shapes,
same way as we use it before triangulation for font glyphs etc?
- There is room for improvements and perf enhancements in this area ..
So while the above resolves the overflow issue, there are still glyph rendering bugs
with some fonts ..
Here a little snapshot showing the overflow being fixed (otherwise FreeMono text would have been broken),
but also shows some issues left .. (also w/ FreeSerif ..)
Little list of other bugs:
- Some glyphs still buggy (FreeMono, FreeSans, but FreeSerif is OK)
- perhaps still some winding issues?
- Layout broken for FreeSerif, ' ' <space> spacing is tooo wide.
OK, screenshot now from here (not killing the text flow here)