classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to bypass X11 init on linux

Olivier Chalouhi
Hi,

I'm trying to use Jogl on a linux system which doesn't have X11, by using the EGL newt driver, however, in NativeWindowFactory, a call is made to initSingletonNativeImpl, which tries and initialize the X11Util class.This in turn fails, as the systems doesn't even have the x11 libraries (Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /var/tmp/jogamp_0000/file_cache/jln5986866975066636808/jln8589580094999953764/natives/linux-armv6hf/libnativewindow_x11.so: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

is there a way to disable this call ? I'm setting the -Dnativewindows.ws.name=.egl , but that doesn't seem to be enough.

Looking at the code, I can't find a way to do what I want via properties.

Thanks in advance,

Olivier
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to bypass X11 init on linux

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

Which windowing system do you use to replace X11? EGL is an interface between OpenGL and a native windowing system, it's not enough, it can't work alone.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to bypass X11 init on linux

Olivier Chalouhi
The platform doesn't have a windowing system. I believe that other apps use DirectFB. Let me have a discussion with our platform team to understand what we have. I believe that they've been able to get a OpenGL demo (like GL gears) to run on the platform.