JOCL Not Finding My GPU

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

JOCL Not Finding My GPU

Grant Strong
I should get both Intel Xeon CPU and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 GPU. I am only getting the first device in the call to context.getDevices(). I've tried older and the newest NVIDIA drivers and nothing changes. I've tried removing everything to do with the Intel that I could find, and nothing changes. Then I tried using LexMark and it recognized that both devices are there, the CPU and GPU. Any ideas why JOCL will not?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: JOCL Not Finding My GPU

jj93
Linux or some other platform?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: JOCL Not Finding My GPU

Michael Bien
In reply to this post by Grant Strong
On 07/06/2012 09:34 PM, Grant Strong [via jogamp] wrote:
I should get both Intel Xeon CPU and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 GPU. I am only getting the first device in the call to context.getDevices(). I've tried older and the newest NVIDIA drivers and nothing changes. I've tried removing everything to do with the Intel that I could find, and nothing changes. Then I tried using LexMark and it recognized that both devices are there, the CPU and GPU. Any ideas why JOCL will not?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.jogamp.org/JOCL-Not-Finding-My-GPU-tp4025449.html
To start a new topic under jogamp, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from jogamp, click here.
NAML

multi-device-(type) contets are not a requirement by the spec. Currently only AMD supports CPU+GPU contexts.

- CLPlatform.listPlatforms() gives you all drivers
 - every platform has a set of CLDevices
 - they may overlap (but once again its not a requirement to be able to create a context with all devices in it)
 - creating a context without specifying a device will try to give you a "good" set of devices (see javadoc)

jocl has some concurrency utilities like CLMultiContext, command queue pools, FJ pools etc to circumvent this detail entirely.

have fun,

-- 
- - - -
http://michael-bien.com