classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

JOGL, Fedora, 64bit, Grey Window

mikasaari
Hi,

Managed to compile the jogl / gluegen from git (27.06.2010 mbien) and also managed to compile own test program. But when starting the application the main method is run correctly but the init, display, ... methods are not run at all and the application window stays gray. There is only "Info: XInitThreads() called for concurrent Thread support" Info on the command line and nothing else. The command-line I am using is

java -Djogl.GLContext.optimize -cp /opt/Projects/Java3D/libs/jogl.all.jar:/opt/Projects/Java3D/libs/gluegen-rt.jar:/opt/Projects/Java3D/libs/nativewindow.all.jar:/opt/Projects/Java3D/libs/newt.all.jar:. -Djava.library.path="/opt/Projects/Java3D/libs:/usr/lib64" Cube

I do have 32bit and 64bit Nvidia libraries installed 32bit in /usr/lib and 64 in /usr/lib64. Could this cause problems and how to avoid the problem ?

Thanks for tips,
    -Mika
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: JOGL, Fedora, 64bit, Grey Window

Michael Bien
Hi Mika,

regarding the warning:
 try to call GLProfile.initSingleton() as early as possible.

regarding the events:
 difficult to say, have you added the gl event listener to the drawable? :)

do the demos work? e.g.:
http://github.com/mbien/jogl-demos/blob/master/src/demos/gears/Gears.java

regards,
michael

On 06/27/2010 10:34 PM, mikasaari [via jogamp] wrote:
Hi,

Managed to compile the jogl / gluegen from git (27.06.2010 mbien) and also managed to compile own test program. But when starting the application the main method is run correctly but the init, display, ... methods are not run at all and the application window stays gray. There is only "Info: XInitThreads() called for concurrent Thread support" Info on the command line and nothing else. The command-line I am using is

java -Djogl.GLContext.optimize -cp /opt/Projects/Java3D/libs/jogl.all.jar:/opt/Projects/Java3D/libs/gluegen-rt.jar:/opt/Projects/Java3D/libs/nativewindow.all.jar:/opt/Projects/Java3D/libs/newt.all.jar:. -Djava.library.path="/opt/Projects/Java3D/libs:/usr/lib64" Cube

I do have 32bit and 64bit Nvidia libraries installed 32bit in /usr/lib and 64 in /usr/lib64. Could this cause problems and how to avoid the problem ?

Thanks for tips,
    -Mika

View message @ http://jogamp.762907.n3.nabble.com/JOGL-Fedora-64bit-Grey-Window-tp926266p926266.html
To start a new topic under jogamp, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from jogamp, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

mikasaari
Hi,

I think the event listener is correctly binded to the drawable (not sure though).

I couldn't get the demos to be compiled because ant gives error pretty early. I will check this.

I tried debugging my not working Cube.java the results are at pastebin if there would be any info what could cause the problem. I will try getting the jogl-demos to be compiled.   http://pastebin.com/0PgGFGzB

-Mika
Reply | Threaded
|

mikasaari
Hi,

The jogl-demos ant build stops when the method setAutoDrawableClient can not be found from com.jogamp.newt.Window. Couldn't find this method from newt.Window with grep -r either. Checking this more deeper.

Thanks many times for help,
   -Mika
Reply | Threaded
|

Michael Bien
On 06/27/2010 11:40 PM, mikasaari [via jogamp] wrote:
Hi,

The jogl-demos ant build stops when the method setAutoDrawableClient can not be found from com.jogamp.newt.Window. Couldn't find this method from newt.Window with grep -r either. Checking this more deeper.
sorry, my jogl-demos repository was not up2date with jogl. You probably cloned from me? Its now in sync.

your sample you posted looks ok. I get an black window (glClearColor) on ubuntu when i run it.

Thanks many times for help,
   -Mika

View message @ http://jogamp.762907.n3.nabble.com/JOGL-Fedora-64bit-Grey-Window-tp926266p926342.html
To start a new topic under jogamp, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from jogamp, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

mikasaari
Hi,

Yep, tested this same code in different machine (64bit that as well, compiled the gluegen & jogl there as well by myself). It worked without problems. In this main machine which I am using 3D mainly, it is just giving gray window :( Need to look more this.

-Mika
Reply | Threaded
|

mikasaari
Hi,

Works now. Had to update my java 1.6_u18 to 1.6_u20. After that everything started to work.

-Mika