Jar reference

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jar reference

Dario
Is there, somewhere on this website, a reference about the jars needed for the examples? or to set up a minimal boiler plate code for a application (like minimal fo opengl, opengl es, and so on)? If there is not, it would be helpful, like a getting started tutorial...

In particular I wrote this simple test:

public static void main(String[] args) {
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub

GLProfile glProfile = GLProfile.getDefault();
                GLCapabilities caps = new GLCapabilities(glProfile);

GLCanvas canvas = new GLCanvas(caps);
                JFrame frame = new JFrame();
                frame.setSize(400, 400);
                frame.getContentPane().add(canvas);
                frame.pack();
                frame.setVisible(true);
        }

wich is pretty basic.... and I linked againts the jogamp-windows-i586 distribution (downloaded 16-9-2011). In particular I put the following jars in my eclipse build path for my project:

gluegen-rt.jar, gluegen.jar, jogl-all-natives-windows-i586.jar, jogl-all.jar, newt-event.jar

and it dies with:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gluegen-rt in java.library.path

but I included it... so what's wrong?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Jar reference

Dario
I've done some progress by putting the contents of the distribution's lib folder in the project main source tree. Anyway I get another kind of exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\dario\workspace\ogltests\gluegen-rt.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

It there a way to accurately specify where are the dll for jars??
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
Hi Dario,

You might try the tutorials at http://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Jogl_Tutorial. The first two should have what you're looking for.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dario
In reply to this post by Dario
The problem is that most tutorials tell you to use this basic set of jars:

jogl.all.jar
glugen-rt.jar
nativewindow.all.jar  <- this one is missing so I tried to include certain similar ones from the jars/atomic folder with no luck
newt.all.jar <- same as above

which are not found. With the ones I include, setting correctly native libraries location as they say in most tutorials, all I get is:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\prg\jogamp-windows-i586\lib\gluegen-rt.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
The released set of JARs changed in the latest RC3 build, so you should only need the first two (jogl.all and gluegen-rt). Sorry, the tutorials haven't been updated yet

The "gluegen-rt.dll: Can't find dependent libraries" is a little more worrisome -- glugen-rt.dll isn't supposed to depend on any other DLLs except kernel32.dll and msvcrt.dll. You can verify this with Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/). If you're getting this error, then you're probably missing C:\Windows\System32 in your path somehow. But that's supposed to be a default, so I'm not sure why the loader wouldn't be searching there.

Maybe you're trying to use a 64-bit build on 32-bit Windows, or vice versa?
Reply | Threaded
|

Dario
In effect my win is 64 but i was using the 32 bit build... later i'll try and i'll let you know
Reply | Threaded
|

millerni456
In addition the Jars which you are correct on which ones. You also need to point to the .dll files.You do this is eclipse by expanding one of the Jars in the java build-path (on eclipse). After you need to edit the native library location. A window should pop up asking for the directory, and you want to specify the folder containing the .dll files corresponding to the Jar you selected.

I hope this helps. Not quite sure if I completely understand your situation. But this is one of the steps I had a difficult time finding out how to do when I configured my eclipse engine.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sven Gothel
Administrator
In reply to this post by Wade Walker
On Sunday, September 18, 2011 06:42:09 PM Wade Walker [via jogamp] wrote:
>
> The released set of JARs changed in the latest RC3 build, so you should only
> need the first two (jogl.all and gluegen-rt). Sorry, the tutorials haven't
> been updated yet