classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Nativewindow X11 IOError: Display: Resource temporarily unavailable

clarkbil
Hi -
I have been using JOGL 2.0 for several months while developing an OpenGL 3.1 based Graphics course. I have successfully run several custom applications using AWT and sometimes Swing GUIs other times no GUI.
When I downloaded rc2 I started seeing all my programs hang when attempting to make the base frame visible. Upon canceling the run I usually see the following error message:
Nativewindow X11 IOError: Display 0x81696d0 (:0.0): Resource temporarily unavailable.
When I run using any devbuild up to b303 the program runs perfectly but all builds from b308 (the next available) to the latest will not run. I have duplicated this finding on two systems both running Ubuntu 10.04 - one 32 bit and one 64 bit. Any fixes for this problem?
Bill Clark
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Nativewindow X11 IOError: Display: Resource temporarily unavailable

Wade Walker
Administrator
Hi Bill,

Could you create a bug report for this? (see http://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Jogl_FAQ#Bugreports_.26_Testing) This will insure that the issue doesn't get lost in the mailing list traffic

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

clarkbil
OK. Bug report is filed - Bug 494. This is my first bug report - I will
be happy to provide more information if needed.
Thanks.
Bill Clark
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the bug report! We just need two more things: the code to duplicate this error, and the full stack trace you get when the error happens.

Do you have a small test case that we can run to duplicate this error? A one-page, self-contained .java file would be perfect -- that way we can try the exact same thing you're trying, and see if it fails for us too.

Please attach this test to the bug report, and I'll try running it on one of my machines.

Reply | Threaded
|

clarkbil
Hi Wade -
I can't send you a stack trace since no exceptions are thrown and after programs hang I have no control. I have attached the test program (it seems to fail on all my programs) to the bug report as you requested. Thanks.
Bill Clark

On 04/10/2011 02:42 PM, Wade Walker [via jogamp] wrote:
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the bug report! We just need two more things: the code to duplicate this error, and the full stack trace you get when the error happens.

Do you have a small test case that we can run to duplicate this error? A one-page, self-contained .java file would be perfect -- that way we can try the exact same thing you're trying, and see if it fails for us too.

Please attach this test to the bug report, and I'll try running it on one of my machines.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.jogamp.org/Nativewindow-X11-IOError-Display-Resource-temporarily-unavailable-tp2800857p2803940.html
To unsubscribe from Nativewindow X11 IOError: Display: Resource temporarily unavailable, click here.
Bill Clark
Reply | Threaded
|

Wade Walker
Administrator
The test program looks perfect! When I run it on Windows 7 64-bit, it seems fine. I get this result:

GL3 is availableProfile: GLProfile[GL2/GL2]
Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GL Version: 3.0.0
Renderer: GeForce 8800 GTX/PCI/SSE2

I'll try running it tomorrow on a native Linux machine and see what happens
Reply | Threaded
|

Sven Gothel
Administrator
On Monday, April 11, 2011 04:28:39 am Wade Walker [via jogamp] wrote:

>
> The test program looks perfect! When I run it on Windows 7 64-bit, it seems
> fine. I get this result:
>
> GL3 is availableProfile: GLProfile[GL2/GL2]
> Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
> GL Version: 3.0.0
> Renderer: GeForce 8800 GTX/PCI/SSE2
>
> I'll try running it tomorrow on a native Linux machine and see what happens

I will dig into this soon

Thx for the great bug report and triage / bisect.

~Sven