classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NewtCanvasAWT and Java7's JLayer

Fraaalesi
Hello all,

I'm using an external lib and its perf has really increase since it uses Newt's NewtCanvasAWT. That's the good part :)
But the 3D component was previously wrapped in a Java7's JLayer ( https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/javax/swing/JLayer.html ) that allowed me to overlay a mouse clic detection layer.
Since the switch to NewtCanvasAWT, it seems that JLayer is ineffective:
- when the JLayer draws something it is not rendered (in fact it is rendered below the content of the NewtCanvasAWT)
- the JLayer does not receives the mouse events as before (this is my main concern right now)

Is anybody aware of this problem and has any solution ? Does using another layering option (glasspane ???) would help ?

Note: I am aware that I can catch mouse events inside NewtCanvasAWT and propagate it somewhere else but my whole architecture was based on my low components not knowing about those mouse interactions...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NewtCanvasAWT and Java7's JLayer

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

We weren't aware of this problem, please fill a bug report.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

Fraaalesi
Thanks, I've reported the bug upstream (ie the library that I use) and they should take care of reporting it to you if it is effectively a JOGL bug. Thanks !
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Which library do you use? Maybe Jzy3D.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

Fraaalesi
The library is FEI's Openinventor in java version.
As my company pays for support, I hope they will report the bug correctly upstream (if proven a real bug).