Official Homepage and gitbub for Ardor3D

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Official Homepage and gitbub for Ardor3D

gmseed
I see that www.ardor3d.com is no longer valid and wondering where I will find the official homepage and gitbub src/jars for Ardor3D?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Official Homepage and gitbub for Ardor3D

Sven Gothel
Administrator
On 05/21/2014 10:07 PM, gmseed [via jogamp] wrote:
> I see that www.ardor3d.com is no longer valid and wondering where I will find
> the official homepage and gitbub src/jars for Ardor3D?

.. waiting for Julien to push the git repos to our repo:
  - as-is (last original)
  - Julien's maintenance branch

@Julien: This is what you planned right ?
At least we have prepared the our git repo for him to push ..

~Sven

signature.asc (894 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

gmseed wrote
I see that www.ardor3d.com is no longer valid and wondering where I will find the official homepage and gitbub src/jars for Ardor3D?
At first, as Ardor3D is considered as discontinued by Renanse himself, I can't claim that JogAmp's Ardor3D Continuation is official. However, as I explained a bit on the Ardor3D forum (which will disappear at the end of 2014), I will create a tutorial for JogAmp's Ardor3D Continuation like I did for Java3D and I will create a section in the JogAmp wiki to add some complementary information. You can still use my source code on Github to build JogAmp's Ardor3D Continuation from source in the meantime. I need to remove a few nasty things from the engine so that I can provide another binary build too. I will have to keep JInput support until NEWT Input API is ready and when the problem with JInput is solved, I can clean the mess and update the binaries available in jogamp.org/deployment/.

Sven Gothel wrote
On 05/21/2014 10:07 PM, gmseed [via jogamp] wrote:
> I see that www.ardor3d.com is no longer valid and wondering where I will find
> the official homepage and gitbub src/jars for Ardor3D?

.. waiting for Julien to push the git repos to our repo:
  - as-is (last original)
  - Julien's maintenance branch

@Julien: This is what you planned right ?
At least we have prepared the our git repo for him to push ..
I have to contact Endolf, I'd like him to update JInput on Maven Central but not the one bound to another useless (IMHO) API. As he still claims that it's possible to use JInput without it, I assume that I will agree with doing it.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
In reply to this post by gmseed
Hi

Endolf released JInput 2.0.6 two days ago on Maven Central (I thanked him for his help). I've just done the necessary changes, JogAmp's Ardor3D Continuation is ready :) When I have some spare time, I'll update the binary build, stay tuned.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Sven Gothel
Hi

I've just succeeded in building Ardor3D with Maven, I had a problem with oss-parent for a few days. In short, I have a fresh binary build and I plan to upload it in a few hours.

Moreover, I'll upload the JARs containing the source code too and I'll push our code already available on Github into JogAmp GIT.

I'll have to write a tutorial, create another section in the wiki and in this forum, improve the Java documentation, fill a few bug reports to avoid forgetting a few bugs or limitations, maybe put some demos online and write a real roadmap, ...

Edit.: I'll communicate much more about the latest binary build when the tutorial is ready.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

The user's guide of JogAmp's Ardor3D Continuation is now available here, enjoy