classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem of compilation of java3d sources

bastringue
Hello,

I have downloaded the 3 packages (j3d-core, j3d-core-utils,vecmath) in netbeans 8.0.1/Windows-Vista/JDK8.

I try now to re-build java3D project like explained in the file j3d-core/README-build.html.

So, I have started ton compile vecmath and it's OK (I got vecmath.jar).

Next I try to compile j3d-core (including the vecmath.jar I have just built) and it fails in Font3D.java at these two lines of import (Netbeans complains that the package com.sun.j3d.utils.geometry does not exist) :

import com.sun.j3d.utils.geometry.GeometryInfo;
    import com.sun.j3d.utils.geometry.NormalGenerator;

So I have imagined that I needed to compile first the j3d-core-utils. I tried but the problem is that I get an error on the line :

import javax.media.j3d.AudioDevice;

It complains now about a package which is supposed to be built in j3d-core !

So it looks like if j3d-core needed j3d-core-utils and the contrary as well : I am blocked !
Thank you for some enlightment...

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problem of compilation of java3d sources

hharrison
j3d-core and j3d-utils can only be built as a single unit that produces the two jars as they mutually require classes found in the other package.  Please use the ant script found in the j3d-core repo as a guide.

It's inconvenient, but that's just the way it is unfortunately.

Harvey
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problem of compilation of java3d sources

gouessej
Administrator
In reply to this post by bastringue
Harvey is right and his solution is cleaner than mine (his Ant script is a lot better and easier to understand than the old one, big kudos to him :D).

Look at this line:
https://github.com/hharrison/java3d-core/blob/master/build.xml#L88

and use Ant as a build tool instead of reinventing the wheel. There is a reason why we use it.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need to build Java 3D? Maybe we can do something for you.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website