classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems with Intel integrated cards

Doodio
Hello there,

I have made a simple 3D cube program in Java using JOGL, and it works fine on my desktop computer which has a GeForce 8800GT. But when I try it on my laptop which has Intel integrated card, the cube has some missing faces.

Desktop:

Laptop:

Although the two computers have different versions of Windows, this is not the problem as my friend tried it on Windows XP with another GeForce card and it worked fine.

So what can I do to make it work on both machines? Or is this a bug in JOGL?

Here is my rendering code: cube_render.txt

Thanks for any help.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with Intel integrated cards

Demoscene Passivist
Administrator
>Or is this a bug in JOGL?

It looks like a driver bug. The integrated graphics chipsets from Intel e.g. the "945GM/GMS, 943/940 GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller" and similar models are widely known to have various issues with OpenGL.

I would recommend to upgrade to the latest driver version for ur chipset/graphics card and hope that this resolves the issue.

>So what can I do to make it work on both machines?

Other than that try removing "gl.glDepthFunc(GL2.GL_LEQUAL);" and rely on the default driver value. Maybe explicitly setting the depth value triggers some strange behavior.

If that doesn't help try to fiddle with ur driver settings and try disabling/enabling some stuff an see if that resolves ur issue.