classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Resize problem

gouessej
Administrator
Set jogl.gljpanel.noglsl to true, see bug 842.

Updating geometric state only 60 frames per second instead of as much as possible should be enough to avoid overheating.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

runiter
gouessej wrote
Beautiful! It works like a charm after enabling this. Thank you!
This JoglSwingCanvas works much more smoothly and reliably than awt and newt for our project. Since we don't care about performance this a great option for us. Glad you have this feature.

gouessej wrote
Updating geometric state only 60 frames per second instead of as much as possible should be enough to avoid overheating.
You're probably right about overheating, but the problem with NEWT canvas is not related to continuous rendering since I tested it both ways.

If it doesn't cause any problems I'm going to stick to my current method of not rendering at all when the scene is not changing. It's actually was very easy to implement this because in our application the scene doesn't change unless there is a user intervention via mouse or keyboard so we just render the scene when there are mouse or keyboard activities.
Saeid Nourian, Ph.D. Eng. | Graphing Calculator 3D
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
runiter wrote
gouessej wrote
Beautiful! It works like a charm after enabling this. Thank you!
This JoglSwingCanvas works much more smoothly and reliably than awt and newt for our project. Since we don't care about performance this a great option for us. Glad you have this feature.
You're welcome. I knew it would be useful in a very few corner cases. I'll update the documentation of JoglSwingCanvas, it should mention this kind of trouble. However, JoglNewtAwtCanvas should work in your case. Keep in mind that not using NEWT will lead you to some serious limitations, particularly when sharing contexts in multiple canvases.

runiter wrote
gouessej wrote
You're probably right about overheating, but the problem with NEWT canvas is not related to continuous rendering since I tested it both ways.

If it doesn't cause any problems I'm going to stick to my current method of not rendering at all when the scene is not changing. It's actually was very easy to implement this because in our application the scene doesn't change unless there is a user intervention via mouse or keyboard so we just render the scene when there are mouse or keyboard activities.
What happens when the canvas is resized?
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website