classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Running the jocl demos on ATI card

harishd
Hi,

I'm trying to run the demos on my ATI card (HD 4850 and 5770) and am having problems with some of the demos.
For example, in radix sort, I get the following compiler error in RadixSort.cl (line 92)

error: non-kernel
          function: variable with automatic storage duration cannot be stored
          in a named address space
  __local uint numtrue;
              ^

When i remove the local classifier (which I guess I shouldn't do), the program executes but incorrectly.
It would help if any of you know how to get this to run on ATI cards.

thanks,
Harish.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Running the jocl demos on ATI card

Michael Bien
Hi Harish,

RadixSort has been ported very early on from the Nvidia SDK. Its possible that it uses some features which are not yet supported on AMD drivers yet. I don't know if one of us will have time to look at those issues. If you could fix that... would be great. I wouldn't be surprised if it has been already ported over somewhere in the web. (stealing samples is quite common, just take a look at the mac examples :))

best regards,
michael

On 10/13/2010 08:20 PM, harishd [via jogamp] wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to run the demos on my ATI card (HD 4850 and 5770) and am having problems with some of the demos.
For example, in radix sort, I get the following compiler error in RadixSort.cl (line 92)

error: non-kernel
          function: variable with automatic storage duration cannot be stored
          in a named address space
  __local uint numtrue;
              ^

When i remove the local classifier (which I guess I shouldn't do), the program executes but incorrectly.
It would help if any of you know how to get this to run on ATI cards.

thanks,
Harish.

View message @ http://jogamp.762907.n3.nabble.com/Running-the-jocl-demos-on-ATI-card-tp1696287p1696287.html
To start a new topic under jogamp, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from jogamp, click here.

-- 
http://michael-bien.com/