Unable to build - no native folder

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unable to build - no native folder

Mike
I have been trying to build Java3D from the Git repository. In the end I gave up and used the prebuilt 1.6pre7 jars. The problems I had were:

1. I had to create an empty win32 folder in j3d-core\src\classes
2. The build got further, but failed as there is no folder src/native

I cannot see any C++ code in the zip of the snapshot of the Git repository that I downloaded. The instructions on building refer to SVN, but the links are dead (at least for me).

I'm happy with the prebuilt jars which work fine with VISAD, so good job on this project! I just thought I'd report this in case anyone comes across the same issues.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Unable to build - no native folder

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

I succeeded in building Java3D several times in the past but I had to merge several projects together to avoid circular references and it worked. There should be no native in Java3D 1.6 as I removed the other pipelines not based on JOGL 2.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

Mike
Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by "merge several projects together"?

Perhaps I did something wrong but I went to:
https://github.com/hharrison

I took java3d-core, java3d-utils, vecmath (eg. in https://github.com/hharrison/java3d-core, I clicked Download Zip)

I unzipped them in the same folder C:\Working\Programming\java3d so in there are 3 folders j3d-core, j3d-core-utils and vecmath.

Running ant in vecmath worked. Running ant in j3d-core failed.

If I've done something wrong, please let me know. If not, then the build as it is currently in Github is broken (at least on Windows).
Reply | Threaded
|

hharrison
Sorry for the confusion, build.xml is the old version I have kept around as I find time to extract any remaining
pieces that are useful.  build2.xml is what I actually use to build it.  Check that the paths in build2.xml are
correct for you to find the  appropriate jars, look for  "vecmath.lib", "jogl.lib" and "gluegen.lib" in that file.

ant -f build2.xml jar

Should do what you want.

Cheers,

Harvey
Reply | Threaded
|

Mike
Great! Thanks, that worked.

I'd suggest some sort of renaming eg. build.xml to build_old.xml and build2.xml to build.xml
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
I would prefer that Harvey deletes the old build file to avoid confusions.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website