Using 2.4.0-rc-20210111 with Maven

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Using 2.4.0-rc-20210111 with Maven

DalekCraft2
I am converting a Swing/JOGL application from Swing to JavaFX (GitHub Repository), and have discovered that the GLJPanel, when in a SwingNode, fails to initialize the GLEventListener what I have added to it until I have either resized or moved the window. I could not figure out how to fix that, so I have put it off until now. Today, I tried to get the latest build of JOGL and GlueGen 2.4.0 from the Jzy3D releases repository, as I saw recommended in another post, so I can use NewtCanvasJFX instead of GLJPanel. However, for some reason, Maven can not download it.

To the developers, could I ask that the latest build (20210111, or maybe a newer one) be pushed to the JogAmp repository? I would prefer to rely on the official repository than a broken mirror repository, and it has been over 5 years since the last build was deployed to it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Using 2.4.0-rc-20210111 with Maven

gouessej
Administrator
Hello

Using Maven isn't mandatory, it helps but you can live without it. I admit that uploading a snapshot to Maven Central would help, I'm in the same boat than yours as JogAmp's Ardor3D Continuation uses Maven.

Currently, JOGL 2.4 isn't on Maven Central.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

Martin
Hi,

The reason for the Maven failure might be that you picked the repo URL example I gave here which was given with HTTP instead of HTTPS. Recent versions of Maven refuse to download artifacts from HTTP.

I just updated the URL example.

In addition I suggest you use version v2.4.0-rc4 which is patched to let JOGL work on macOS having a Silicon chip.

Hope this helps.

Reply | Threaded
|

DalekCraft2
It now downloads, but it apparently has an invalid module name, so I can not use it.
Reply | Threaded
|

DalekCraft2
In reply to this post by gouessej
They do not upload snapshots to Maven Central, so I am instead asking that they upload one to the JogAmp repository, where they have uploaded snapshots before.
Reply | Threaded
|

Martin
In reply to this post by DalekCraft2
Could you mention the error stating that the module name is invalid? The best would be you send your Maven console output to check the failed download attempts.

The way you should declare the dependencies to the maven release I did is here. Line 58 to 161.

Reply | Threaded
|

DalekCraft2
Maven downloads them fine if it uses https instead of http, but the code can not be compiled because IntelliJ IDEA gives this error as an inspection:
"Package 'com.jogamp.opengl.util.texture' is declared in module with an invalid name ('jogl.all.v2.4.0.rc4')"
and this when trying to run:
"java: package com.jogamp.opengl.util.texture is not visible
  (package com.jogamp.opengl.util.texture is declared in the unnamed module, but module me.dalekcraft.structureedit does not read it)"

It also does not recognize the "jogl.all" module name which was used in 2.3.2, because these dependencies use the unnamed module.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
In reply to this post by Martin
Maybe you need to do something like this:
<configuration>
        <archive>
            <manifestEntries>
                <Automatic-Module-Name>com.acme.mylibrary</Automatic-Module-Name>
            </manifestEntries>
        </archive>
    </configuration>
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website