Which JOGL build is a stable safe one?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Which JOGL build is a stable safe one?

Dave
I am looking to port some old JOGL1 code to the new JOGL2 libraries bot 32bit and 64bit.   Unfortunately, I cant tell where is the right place to get the libraries pre-built.  Is it the auto-builds?  Which version is a stable build?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Which JOGL build is a stable safe one?

Cyrille
Hi,

I found binaries there http://jogamp.org/deployment/jogl-next/build/
There are four zip files for windows and linux, both either 32 or 64 bits.

But to be honest, I don't think those builds can be considered "stable safe". Jogamp's developers could certainly be more precise than me about that point but I understood that there is still hard work to be done.

I am trying to do the same job than you, that's to say porting some old Jogl 1.1.1 code to Jogl 2. For now, I did not succeed to have my application run.

I've read in this forum that Michael Bien and Sven Gothel are going to discuss the project status at SIGGRAPH that is scheduled at the end of July (can't remember whether it is 25th or 27th). I think there are many of us that hope reading some fresh news about what can be expected from Jogl 2's stability in the next months. I can't even be sure that it is reasonable to begin switching to Jogl 2 right now.

Anyway, it would be interesting that you try porting you code and let us know what happened...

Cyrille
Reply | Threaded
|

Demoscene Passivist
Administrator
A good source for the state of the autobuild is http://jogamp.org/chuck/job/jogl/ ... ofcourse this just says something about the unit-tests and I don't really know how good code coverage is for JOGL, but that at least gives u a hint where "the roof is on fire" :)
Reply | Threaded
|

G Miller
Will there ever be "release" builds?  (Though it's hard to tell from this thread, I am understanding that there are none currently).  For me as an end user, not having at least milestone builds makes it difficult for me to use the project.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sven Gothel
Administrator
We have out nightly builds for now,
a 1st milestone release will be available around AUG 15th - 20th!

Cheers, Sven