White Textures using JOGL2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

White Textures using JOGL2

rcpdesigns
I have an existing project that works fine on an Android device or emulator (and iPhone, PC etc), however, with JOGL2 the textures are white.  I've checked for errors on glTexImage2D, glGenTextures, glBindTexture etc, etc and found nothing.  I've tried GL2 and GL2ES1 without any luck.  Textures are power 2, rgba, etc. etc. I am using DrawArrays(GL_TRIANGLES).
I am using jogl-2.0-pre-20100611-windows-i586.zip.
GLGears demo works but I don't have any other demos that have texturing so I have no way of knowing if texturing even works in this build.
Are there issues with this build and texturing?  Is there another build I should use?  Should I use JOGL 1.1?
I read in another message that a release was due for the 15th-20th timeframe. Any word on this?
JOGL is an awesome tool to have but I need some direction here. :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: White Textures using JOGL2

rcpdesigns
Nice, a REBOOT fixed my white textures.  Not sure why glGetError() never uttered a peep when the data was clearly not getting there.  Still not seeing alpha textures working correctly but that may well be in the image decoders and not an OpenGL or JOGL issue.
Anyway... still wondering what the release schedule is.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: White Textures using JOGL2

rcpdesigns
OK, seems the reboot wasn't directly responsible for fixing the white texture issue as the white textures appeared after a couple of runs.
The real problem is I wasn't setting GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER to GL_LINEAR.  Since I didn't define any mip-map levels my texture was incomplete and thus gets drawn white.  

Why this doesn't cause a problem on Android is beyond me, and why it isn't consistent is strange as well...