Not sure if it matters, but my jogamp-fat.jar file has a bit different name ('out of a 7z') than in your command.
When I run slightly altered command it revealed version 2.4 so I suppose it's irrelevant, true?
That's great, your environment is almost the same as mine.
The next step is probably to investigate Julien's suggestion on stackoverflow of checking for unexpected jar files in the load
It's not easy to get a jar listing out of Java, it depends a bit on your IDE.
I'm using Eclipse and the run configurations dialog has a "Show Command Line"
Which gives me
-classpath "E:\Java3D\workspace-1.6\test\bin;C:\Users\pjnz\.m2\repository\org\jogamp\jogl\jogl-all\2.3.2\jogl-all-2.3.2.jar;C:\Users\pjnz\.m2\repository\org\jogamp\gluegen\gluegen-rt\2.3.2\gluegen-rt-2.3.2.jar;C:\Users\pjnz\git\java3d-utils-1.6.0\bin;C:\Users\pjnz\git\java3d-core-1.6.0\bin;C:\Users\pjnz\git\vecmath-1.6.0\bin;E:\Java3D\workspace-1.6\java3d-examples\bin" _testcase.tuval7
so I notice I'm using the maven 2.3.2 version of jogl (just randomly I guess)
I couldn't find a command to list attached jars in Netbeans, but when checking project properties, classpath is listed there. I took a snippet - see attached:
libs.PNG Is this enough to convince you no obsolete versions are taken into account on run time?
When I swap 'fat' jar with the one you gave me a link to, the error in Netbeans changes to:
new_errors.txt Maybe this could give you a clue you need to solve this puzzle?
Since I have Eclipse already installed, I just created a new project there and the code runs, but spews a few warnings:
eclipse_warning.PNG Are these warnings serious (I don't know what reflective access is yet)?
If it's easier to configure it properly in Eclipse and get rid of these warnings, I can switch IDEs to make it work.
The Illegal reflexive access isn't currently a problem, I just it was added originally to Java3D to allow new Pipelines (like JoglPipeline) to be loaded at runtime, like code injection on application servers, and it's 100% useless now, so in a future build I'll just swap it for a simple switch case.
If it's running in Eclipse then I'm still pondering unusual jar loading (sorry to harp on).
Sometimes the extension directory can be trouble could you swap your main call to this and see what it produces?
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "String.split(String)" because "extdir" is null
C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\NetBeans\Cache\12.4\executor-snippets\run.xml:111: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\NetBeans\Cache\12.4\executor-snippets\run.xml:68: Java returned: 1
BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)
Had some exams recently, hence the pause in replying.
I found some duplicates (old 2007 version), but after renaming these files/folders error still persists.
To be frank, I prefer moving on with Eclipse, unless you want to dig deeper.
Thanks for your efforts so far.
Maybe the error message did not get resolved, but I have progressed (using Eclipse) with what I'm trying to do thanks to your involvement .