44 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: gluegen - examples needed

Wade Walker
Administrator
peterk wrote
If the directives in the config files are overridable with gluegen command line arguments,
ie: the JavaOutputDir,and NativeOutputDir I'll do that.

If not if I include a build generated config file on the command line will it specify those values for all config files following it on the command line if they do not set these values themselves?

If so will the path specified for the output directory be interpreted relative to the config file containing the directive, or to the config file specifying the output to be generated?
If you look at the JOCL project source code (which is the one I'm most familiar with, since I just had to work on this stuff recently), jocl/make/build.xml shows how the gluegen tool is invoked with an "output root directory", which should also be a command-line argument to gluegen. The config files (like jocl/make/config/cl-common.cfg) use JavaOutputDir and NativeOutputDir to specify output directories relative to that root directory. So it should be entirely possible for you to have a separate build directory and keep your source directory read-only -- that's what JOCL does also.

Reply | Threaded
|

peterk
Ok - looked in the GlueGenTask.java source for the ant task and saw:

gluegenCommandline.createArgument().setValue("-O" + outputRootDir);

I assume this is an undocumented command line argument for what is needed and will try it.

On 7/22/2014 9:27 PM, Wade Walker [via jogamp] wrote:
peterk wrote
If the directives in the config files are overridable with gluegen command line arguments,
ie: the JavaOutputDir,and NativeOutputDir I'll do that.

If not if I include a build generated config file on the command line will it specify those values for all config files following it on the command line if they do not set these values themselves?

If so will the path specified for the output directory be interpreted relative to the config file containing the directive, or to the config file specifying the output to be generated?
If you look at the JOCL project source code (which is the one I'm most familiar with, since I just had to work on this stuff recently), jocl/make/build.xml shows how the gluegen tool is invoked with an "output root directory", which should also be a command-line argument to gluegen. The config files (like jocl/make/config/cl-common.cfg) use JavaOutputDir and NativeOutputDir to specify output directories relative to that root directory. So it should be entirely possible for you to have a separate build directory and keep your source directory read-only -- that's what JOCL does also.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.jogamp.org/gluegen-examples-needed-tp4031123p4032636.html
To unsubscribe from gluegen - examples needed, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

peterk
In reply to this post by Wade Walker
By the way - Thanks for the help.  My DLL and my app are all now happily buidling and running together.
What is the preferred official donation mechanism ?  I will try to convince my boss to do so :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Sven Gothel
Administrator
On 07/25/2014 01:03 PM, peterk [via jogamp] wrote:
> By the way - Thanks for the help.  My DLL and my app are all now happily
> buidling and running together.
> What is the preferred official donation mechanism ?  I will try to convince my
> boss to do so :)

Via one of us, contacts:
  <http://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Maintainer_and_Contacts>

You may ask for a specific 'cause', e.g. stuff to buy for the project,
a dinner for participants at a conference,
whole conference costs .. or .. whatever you have in mind.

~Sven

signature.asc (894 bytes) Download Attachment