Problem initializing Alut

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem initializing Alut

chinanzio
Hi all, i am trying to develop an application using (among other libraries) JOAL. I have been used OpenAL in C++ and no problems whith that.
Now i am developing a java application and i have a problem when my code reaches the following line
ALut.alutInit();
The excetion i get says:
com.jogamp.openal.ALException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.jogamp.common.os.UnixDynamicLinkerImpl.dlopen(Ljava/lang/String;I)J

The enviroment i use is:
Eclipse IDE
Oracle/Sun JDK 1.6 update 23
Ubuntu 10.04
gluegen-2.0-b20-20110302-linux-i586
joal-1.1.3-pre-20090308-linux-i586

I have installed openal and alut packages from synaptic and i am telling the VM where the shared libraries are (libjoal.so , libgluegen-rt.so)

I am missing something ...

does somebody know what is happening here ?

thans in advance
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problem initializing Alut

Wade Walker
Administrator
Hi Chinanzio,

Usually when I see an UnsatisfiedLinkError, it means the .so and the JAR don't match up properly (i.e. the JVM is looking for a native method for some class in the JAR that doesn't exist in the .so file). This can happen if you've got versions mixed up (newer JAR + older .so or vice versa), which can happen if your native library path or classpath contains some old file you've forgotten about

You might also try setting a breakpoint in UnixDynamicLinkerImpl.dlopen() so you can see the library name. This might give you a clue as to which library has the problem and what its path is.

I built the code for JOAL on my Win 7 64-bit machine just now, and when I cd to "make" and type "ant test.manual.run", I hear a test running OK. You might also try that -- let me know if you need help building the code.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problem initializing Alut

chinanzio
Thank you Wade Walker, you were right, i created a new project with only joal and gluegen libraries and it went all right.
I was using joal-1.1.3-pre-20090308-linux-i586, when the correct is joal-2.0-20110302-linux-i586. Just replacing it fixed the problem.
This kind of problem are typical to me, i can see the tree but the forest.
I guess i was doing something wrong besides the library version, i don't know, well thanks again.