Ardor3D debug jar files

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ardor3D debug jar files

runiter
Is there anywhere I can download the debug version of Ardor3D jar files?
Currently I cannot trace Ardor3D code because it's jar files are compiled to omit line numbers and variable names.
It would be nice if you provide debug version of these libraries.
Saeid Nourian, Ph.D. Eng. | Graphing Calculator 3D
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ardor3D debug jar files

gouessej
Administrator
Hi

Are you currently using JogAmp's Ardor3D Continuation? What do I have to do to generate the JARs so that they aren't compiled to omit line numbers and variable names?
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

runiter
Yes, the company I work for is using Ardor3D and a while ago I switched them from original Ardor3D to JogAmp's Ardor3D.

You just need to compile the Java code with "javac -g" option in order to inlcude line numbers and variable names. Then package them in a jar file the normal way. I suggest providing both debug jars and regular jars.

One of the ardor3D methods wasn't doing what I thought it should be doing but I couldn't debug it and didn't want to rebuild the whole Ardor3D project. Since then I managed to figure out the problem and fixed it so this is not urgent, but I still think it'll be useful to all to have access to debug jars.
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
The documentation indicates that "By default, only line number and source file information is generated". Only the debugging information of the local variable names should be missing. I'll probably provide the JARs only with all debugging information as the difference between debug and regular JARs would be tiny.
Reply | Threaded
|

runiter
sure, that sounds good. Thanks :)
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
In reply to this post by runiter
I've just modified the POM file to include all debug information. Please rebuild JogAmp's Ardor3D Continuation and tell me whether it's ok for you. git clone + mvn install aren't difficult to do.