"Provide a solution to allow contributors to make test builds. For example, I need to test a tiny change in GLContextImpl, I commit into a separate branch, a CI/CD server builds JogAmp with my change, I take the JogAmp fat JAR and I use it in my TestNG unit test to ensure that my fix really works, the server runs our tests on all supported platforms too. Maybe it's already possible right now, maybe I'm missing something. "
I am all up for it, if resources would allow.
Current situation is as follows:
- We do have a central JogAmp Jenkins server
- All build nodes attached to Jenkins are
- private (housed at our little company)
- not plenty
- usually turned off (costs)
In case we would have proper funding, this would be doable.
Then we could debate where to host etc.
Requirements are as follows:
- secure build infrastructure, trust
- native OS and GPU setup
What we could do to mitigate some issues:
- Produce a fake fat jar in the local build to test fat jar functionality at least for this platform