Can't add jogl-all.jar and gluegen-rt.jar for 2.0.2 to Netbeans library

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can't add jogl-all.jar and gluegen-rt.jar for 2.0.2 to Netbeans library

LordSmoke
Anyone seen this? I create a JOGL2_2013JUL21 library and add all the system-specific gluegen and jogl .jar files, but the gluegen-rt.jar and java-all.jar are grayed out and unselectable. Have not had this problem previously - all files were (and still are) available for adding to library. Oh, Netbeans 7.2.1, Mac OS X 10.8.4
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can't add jogl-all.jar and gluegen-rt.jar for 2.0.2 to Netbeans library

jmaasing
Not that I can help you solve that issue but I can say that I use the same versions of netbeans and OSX, since I use maven the maven module sets up the netbeans dependecies and that works fine. So that is sort of a workaround I guess :)
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
In reply to this post by LordSmoke
Hi

I've just tried to reproduce your problem with Netbeans 7.3.1 but gluegen-rt.jar and jogl-all.jar are not grayed out in my case.

Edit.: I use "Tools" -> "Ant Libraries" (formerly called "Libraries" in Netbeans 7.2.1) and I can add all JARs into the library.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
Reply | Threaded
|

LordSmoke
In reply to this post by LordSmoke
Thanks for the quick responses.

I upgraded to Netbeans 7.3.1 (I would have thought the Check for Updates would have told me), redownloaded the jars, but get the same thing.

I can add them to the project properties as individual jars outside of the library, but get:
error: error reading /Users/dslice/projects/Dropbox/morpheus/public/lib/jogl2.0.2_2013JUL21/gluegen-rt.jar; cannot read zip file

with a Clean and Build.

This is crazy. The jars are available from my 2013 May jogl directory, but when I copy the same files to the new folder, gluegen-rt.jar is selectable, but jogl-all.jar is not. I tried creating and populating another directory...same result.

Grrrrr!
Reply | Threaded
|

hharrison
Did you download the jars using Firefox?  I had this issue where downloading the jars direclty ended up wrapping
the jars in an extra layer of zip file, ie. my jogl-all.jar ended up having only one file in the archive...called jogl-all.jar

Pulling out that file and using it directly solved it for me. (still no idea how that happened)

Harvey
Reply | Threaded
|

LordSmoke
hharrison wrote
Did you download the jars using Firefox?  I had this issue where downloading the jars direclty ended up wrapping
the jars in an extra layer of zip file, ie. my jogl-all.jar ended up having only one file in the archive...called jogl-all.jar

Pulling out that file and using it directly solved it for me. (still no idea how that happened)

Harvey
And we have a winner! YEAH!!!  and GRRRR!!!

Now I can enjoy the full effect of Lili/Deedee's lovely new shader program with text and everything. I'd post an screenshot, but she is using what is probably a copyrighted image for texture display.

Thanks, Harvey
Reply | Threaded
|

gouessej
Administrator
In reply to this post by hharrison
hharrison wrote

I use Firefox but I downloaded the 7z archive instead of the JARs. What you describe is actually a bug.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website