Homepage: Call for funding and contractual work.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Homepage: Call for funding and contractual work.

Sven Gothel
Administrator
I have made an ugly change to the home page, refrained from doing so for years.

Sven Gothel wrote
commit aa687300c37fd81a6fb26c14741cbdbde0a7941c
    Homepage: Adding ref to list of proposed work items and use-cases (wiki). Also adding 'shameless' and bold call for funding.

The latter was added due to a few discussions that the forum itself is rarely visited and if visited,
    only by the choir and users having issues.

Up until today, I refrained from such an 'ugly' call, however - it is very important to continue this project.
this in regards to my earlier details ..

Sven Gothel wrote
Since this gave us some attention back, I revamped my ideas to give our dear project and the UI vision
another chance b/c I value it a lot (-> Graph UI, video etc).

Traffic on the servers got a lot of traction and I have thankfully received gestures of
JogAmp is too important to die, however, all of this didn't result in actual contracts or funding support yet.

If there is no sustainable feedback my JogAmp work will fall back to maintenance levels from my behalf.

To be fair, I also failed to be successful for related or unrelated general contractual work sadly
and am aware of the current and ever rising world crisis.
I am surely not alone in this task these days, i.e. trying to survive this period.
Hence I will stay patient and see what will happen, pressing both thumbs for all of us.

I also have to admit that my networking and selling skills are very limited,
hence everybody is more than welcome to help in this regard connecting with the right parties.
(This related either to JogAmp or other work)
This shall be my last attempt, no worries .. 8-|
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Homepage: Call for funding and contractual work.

Sven Gothel
Administrator
updated JogAmp + JOGL a bit more, featured projects etc ..
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Homepage: Call for funding and contractual work.

Sven Gothel
Administrator
https://jausoft.com/blog/2023/03/01/support-our-open-source-work/

Support our Open Source Work like JogAmp and Direct-BT …

After shamelessly almost agitating to check whether our work on the JogAmp project can be sustainable, trying to arouse interest and unprofessionally dropping a call on the project’s website itself, I also enabled the github sponsorship program. Direct-BT and other projects can be funded as well. Who knows, maybe this route to more visibility helps and if not, hopefully it also won’t hurt much either ;-)

https://github.com/sponsors/sgothel

... more in the blog.